Trackwork March 19-20 Results in Weekend Service Changes
- Babylon Branch Weekend Service Reduced to Hourly
- Buses Replace West Hempstead Branch Trains
- Altered Departure Times on Other Branches
Consult Revised Weekend Schedules for Babylon, Far Rockaway, Hempstead, Montauk, Oyster Bay, Port Jefferson & West Hempstead Branches
Trackwork this weekend, March 19-20, to install concrete ties on the stretch of track between Rockville Centre and Valley Stream will affect LIRR train service primarily on the Babylon, Montauk and West Hempstead Branches, although there will be minor impacts to the Far Rockaway, Hempstead, Oyster Bay and Port Jefferson Branches as well.
Beginning at 10:11 PM on Friday, March 18, one of two tracks between Rockville Centre and Valley Stream will be out of service until 1:52 AM on Monday, March 21. Because of the work, service on the Babylon Branch will be hourly instead of half-hourly and buses are replacing train service in several locations. Special weekend timetables covering the affected branches are available at train terminals and local stations and as well as on our website at.
Here is a summary of the key changes.
- Service on the Babylon Branch will be reduced from half-hourly to hourly for the entire weekend, beginning Friday night at 10 PM through early Monday morning.
- On Saturday and Sunday, the 1:23 AM train from Babylon scheduled to arrive at Penn Station at 2:40 AM, will not stop at Valley Stream, Rosedale, Laurelton and Locust Manor. Customers traveling to those stations will be provided with bus service at Rockville Centre.
Please consult the special Babylon Branch weekend timetable dated March 18-21, 2016 or view it on-line at http://bit.ly/1Ug9uDH
West Hempstead Branch
Buses will replace all eastbound and westbound trains between West Hempstead and Valley Stream beginning late Friday night at 10 PM and throughout the weekend until early Monday morning.
Please consult the Special West Hempstead Branch Timetable dated March 18-21, 2016 or view the special timetable at: http://bit.ly/1RAO67j.
Departure times and stopping patterns for some Montauk Branch trains will change this weekend, as will departure times for connecting trains at Babylon and Jamaica.
Other changes include:
- The Friday night 9:59 PM train from Speonk to Babylon is canceled. Customers at stations Speonk, Mastic-Shirley and Bellport will be accommodated by a van, departing 30 minutes later than normal train time. The van will bring customers to Patchogue for the 11:19 PM train to Babylon.
- The 8:10 AM train from Jamaica to Montauk will add stops at Islip, Great River, Oakdale, Bellport and Mastic-Shirley.
- The 8:26 AM train from Babylon to Montauk is canceled. Customers will board the 8:46 AM train from Babylon instead.
Consult the Special Montauk Branch Weekend Timetable dated March 18-21, 2016 for details; or view the special timetable at: http://bit.ly/1Yzqvte.
Far Rockaway Branch
There are changes to departure times and stopping patterns for some overnight trains.
Additionally, on Saturday and Sunday, the 2:24 AM eastbound train from Valley Stream to Far Rockaway is cancelled. An alternate train is running for customers leaving Penn Station at 1:42 AM stopping at Jamaica, Valley Stream and local stops to Far Rockaway (no transfer necessary).
Please consult the Special Far Rockaway Branch Timetable dated March 19-20, 2016 or view the special timetable at: http://bit.ly/1UU1skr.
The 5:17 AM train from Jamaica to Hempstead will leave 15 minutes later than normal at 5:32
AM, arriving Hempstead at 6:03 AM. Please plan for up to 15 minutes of additional travel time.
Please consult the Special Hempstead Branch Timetable Card dated March 19-20, 2016 or view the special timetable at: http://bit.ly/1RS6vPM.
Oyster Bay Branch
Departure times for some trains will change.
Consult the Special Oyster Bay Branch Weekend Timetable dated March 19-20, 2016 for details; or view the special timetable at: http://bit.ly/1LdFiYw.
Port Jefferson Branch
Most Huntington-bound trains will make added stops at Forest Hills and Kew Gardens. Please plan for up to 5 minutes of additional travel time.
Consult the Special Port Jefferson Branch Weekend Timetable dated March 19-20, 2016 for details; or view the special timetable at: http://bit.ly/1P0IcKK.
Weekend customers on all affected branches should anticipate up to 30 minutes of additional travel time. Service will be restored in time for the Monday morning rush hour.
- Google Translate