Oct. 15-19 - Buses Replace Midday Trains Between Babylon & Montauk
To accommodate state-of-good-repair track work, grade crossing improvements and PTC testing, buses will replace midday, off-peak trains between Babylon and Montauk, Monday, October 15 through Friday, October 19. The trackwork will take place from 8:36AM until 5:00PM each weekday. Service will be affected as follows:
- The weekday train that usually departs Montauk at 11:18AM and the train that usually departs Speonk at 2:00PM will originate in Babylon. Customers at stations Montauk through Bay Shore will board buses to Babylon, then connect with trains for service to points west.
- Buses will replace the 10:25AM, 11:25AM and 1:25PM trains from Patchogue to Babylon
- Customers will board buses up to 1 hour and 4 minutes later than normal train time.
- The 11:25AM train from Jamaica to Montauk will terminate in Babylon, where customers will board buses to complete their trip.
- Buses will replace the 10:27 AM, 12:27 PM and 2:27 PM trains from Babylon to Patchogue, and the 11:27 AM train from Babylon to Speonk.
- Please plan for up to 65 minutes of additional travel time.
For specific departure times, pick up a copy of the Montauk Branch timetable dated October 15 to 19 or click here.
For more information, contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate