Monday, November 9: New Timetables in Effect
New timetables take effect on Monday, November 9. The new timetables contain Peak and Off-Peak service adjustments to accommodate track work, infrastructure improvements and efforts to address service impacts from fall leaf season. Additional changes have been made in response to customer requests. Changes include:
Far Rockaway Branch
The Friday-only 3:13 PM eastbound train from Jamaica to Far Rockaway resumes operation for the winter with an added stop at Rosedale (3:21 PM), arriving Far Rockaway at 3:46 PM. Connecting trains depart Penn Station at 2:51 PM and Atlantic Terminal at 2:35 PM.
Regular midday service has been restored following the completion of trackwork.
Port Jefferson Branch
- Westbound trains will depart Huntington 21 minutes earlier than in the Sept. 8-Nov. 8 timetable.
- Eastbound trains will depart Penn Station 11 minutes earlier than in the Sept. 8-Nov. 8 timetable.
- The 6:10 AM westbound train from Huntington to Penn Station will depart 6 minutes earlier, at 6:04 AM.
- Westbound trains will depart Port Jefferson 3 minutes earlierthan in the Sept. 8-Nov. 8 timetable.
- Eastbound trains will depart Penn Station 13-15 minutes later than in the Sept. 8-Nov. 8 timetable.
Three westbound trains will depart earlier at stations east of Hicksville to account for reduced speeds in areas prone to low-adhesion conditions. These trains will arrive at western terminals at their usual times:
- The 5:25 AM train from Greenport to Ronkonkoma will depart 3 minutes earlier, at 5:22 AM. This train will continue to connect with the 7:00 AM train from Ronkonkoma to Penn Station.
- The 7:51 AM train from Farmingdale to Penn Station will depart 2 minutes earlier, at 7:49 AM.
- The 7:32 AM train from Ronkonkoma to Penn Station will depart 3 minutes earlier, at 7:29 AM.
Westbound trains will depart Ronkonkoma 21 minutes earlier than in the Sept. 8-Nov. 8 timetable.
Printed timetables will not be distributed. View the links below:
- Printed timetables will not be distributed. View timetables online at www.mta.info/lirr.
- Use the new LIRR Train Time App to follow the progress of your train, check how much space is available in each train car, and much more.
- Masks are required at LIRR stations and for all those riding our trains. While onboard, masks/face coverings must remain on for the duration of your travel.
- Please practice social distancing by remaining six feet apart from other riders whenever possible. At stations, follow social distancing signage, including floor decals.
- South Fork Commuter Connection train service remains suspended.
For More Information: Contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate