New Timetables Take Effect on Monday, November 13, 2017
New LIRR timetables for all branches take effect Monday, November 13. Here are some of the changes:Babylon Branch
- The 6:57 AM Peak train from Freeport, stopping at Baldwin (7:00 AM) and Rockville Centre (7:03 AM), will resume operating directly to Penn Station.
Far Rockaway Branch
- The 4:40 PM train from Penn Station to Long Beach will add stops at Locust Manor, Laurelton and Rosedale.
- The 4:42 PM Peak train from Penn Station to Far Rockaway will be restored. This train will stop Woodside, Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, then Valley Stream and all local stops to Far Rockaway, arriving at 5:40 PM.
- Beginning November 17, Friday-only sundown service will resume on the Far Rockaway Branch. A connecting train (to Huntington) departs Penn Station at 2:52 PM. At Jamaica, customers will transfer to the 3:15 PM train to Far Rockaway, stopping at Valley Stream, Gibson, Hewlett, Woodmere, Cedarhurst, Lawrence and arriving Far Rockaway at 3:46 PM.
- A westbound train to Penn Station will depart Floral Park at 4:12 AM.
Hungington/Port Jefferson Branch
- The 7:19 AM from Huntington to Atlantic Terminal will continue to stop at Carle Place at 7:45 AM. This stop was added during the summer and is now permanent.
Long Beach Branch
- The 4:40 PM weekday train from Penn Station to Long Beach will no longer stop at Woodside, Forest Hills and Kew Gardens, but will add stops at Locust Manor, Laurelton and Rosedale.
- Starting on the weekend of November 25-26 and continuing through January 1, eight weekend trains will be added to accommodate holiday travelers; four extra westbound trains will depart Long Beach between 9 AM and 1 PM and four eastbound trains to Long Beach will depart Penn between 4 PM and 8 PM.
- The 10:38 PM train from Montauk is moved up to a 10:05 PM departure, providing an earlier arrival at Jamaica and an earlier connection to New York, arriving at 1:42 AM instead of 2:12 AM.
- A new westbound train departing Greenport at 9:43 AM allows North Fork customers to travel into New York in time for lunch, with a 12:33 PM arrival at Penn Station.
- A new westbound train will depart Yaphank at 6 PM, stopping at Medford and Ronkonkoma.
- The eastbound “Jury Train,” which ran from Deer Park to Riverhead, will now begin its journey at Ronkonkoma, departing at 7:30 AM, making stops at Medford (7:41 AM), Yaphank (7:49 AM), Riverhead (8:14 AM – in plenty of time for jury service), Mattituck (8:30 AM), Southold (8:44 AM) and Greenport (8:54 AM).
For More Information
Please pick up a copy of the new timetable for your LIRR Branch dated November 13, 2017. Contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate