New LIRR Fares Take Effect Sunday, April 21
Most LIRR ticket and MetroCard types will be subject to increases as of April 21, 2019. Customers can find new fares online here.
This will affect:
- Monthly tickets for May 2019, available for purchase starting April 25, will be priced at the new rate.
- Weekly tickets for April 27 - May 3, available for purchase starting April 24, will be priced at the new rate.
- Ten-Trip tickets purchased before April 21, 2019, will remain valid for 6 months from the date of purchase.
- One-Way and Round-Trip tickets purchased before April 21, 2019, remain valid for 60 days from the date of purchase.
- The CityTicket fare for One-Way weekend travel within NYC will increase from $4.25 to $4.50.
- The prices for Atlantic Ticket and Family Fare tickets remain unchanged.
- The $50 MetroCard option is being eliminated, and will no longer be sold from LIRR Ticket Windows and/or Ticket Machines.
- Effective with the sale of May 2019 monthly tickets, monthly tickets will go on sale starting on the 25th day of the previous month.
- Mail&Ride customers who receive Unlimited Ride MetroCards will be charged the new $127 MetroCard rate in May.
- The combined Mail&Ride/$50 MetroCard option is being eliminated, and will no longer be available starting with the May 2019 monthly ticket. Customers currently using this option will need to update their account to a $0 MetroCard or a $127 Unlimited Ride MetroCard. Value can be added to the $0 MetroCard at NYC Transit subway stations.
- Mail&Ride customers who pay for their ticket with pre-tax benefit funds: please review the new ticket cost for your fare zone and contact your transit benefit provider to make any necessary adjustments. Need assistance signing up for pre-tax transit benefits? Contact your employer or visit: www.transitsolutions.org
Fares for NYC Transit Subways/Buses will also change on Sunday, April 21, 2019
- The 30-Day Unlimited Ride MetroCard will cost $127.
- The 7-Day Unlimited Ride MetroCard will cost $33.
- All Unlimited Ride MetroCards purchased prior to the April 21 fare change must be activated by April 29 to get the full number of days of unlimited rides.
- The $5.50 Round-Trip MetroCard, and the $25 MetroCard, will not be available at LIRR Ticket Windows and/or Ticket Machines from April 15 – April 20 as we transition to the new MetroCards. Effective April 21, the bonus value for these Pay-Per-Ride tickets will be eliminated.
Additional information is available here.
For More Information: Contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate