Tuesday, September 8: New Timetables Take Effect
New timetables will go into effect on Tuesday, September 8. Key changes include the restoration of trains that had been affected by concrete tie installation work on the Port Washington Branch, and a midday weekday busing program on the Montauk Branch. In addition, station stops were added on select trains to accommodate customer requests. See below for highlights:
- The 6:52 AM westbound train from Babylon to Atlantic Terminal will depart three minutes earlier, at 6:49 AM.
- The 6:57 AM westbound train from Freeport to Penn Station will be restored to the schedule.
- The 2:05 PM eastbound train from Penn Station to Babylon will have an added stop at Lynbrook at 2:42 PM.
- The 8:08 PM eastbound train from Penn Station to Babylon will have an added stop at St. Albans at 8:38 PM.
- The 7:05 PM eastbound train from Penn Station to Hempstead will be restored to the schedule; a connecting train from Atlantic Terminal departs at 7:06 PM.
- Buses will substitute for midday weekday trains between Babylon and Speonk/Patchogue. Please allow for up to 30 minutes of additional travel time. Westbound buses will depart up to 30 minutes earlier than usual train times.
Port Washington Branch:
Some weekday/weekend service restorations take effect following the conclusion of this summer’s concrete tie installation program between Woodside and Flushing Main Street. The weekday changes include:
- The 7:46 AM train from Port Washington to Penn Station will no longer make added stops at Great Neck or Bayside.
- The 8:04 AM train from Great Neck to Penn Station has been restored.
- The 8:23 AM train from Great Neck to Penn Station will no longer make added stops at Little Neck and Douglaston.
- The 8:45 AM express train from Port Washington to Penn Station has been restored.
- The 5:00 PM train from Port Washington to Penn Station has been restored.
- The 5:44 PM train from Great Neck to Penn Station has been restored.
- The 5:49 PM train from Port Washington to Penn Station will no longer have added stops at Little Neck, Douglaston, Bayside or Flushing-Main Street.
- The 5:17 AM train from Penn Station to Port Washington will depart 12 minutes later, at 5:29 AM.
- The 6:26 AM train from Penn Station to Port Washington will depart 5 minutes later, at 6:31 AM.
- The 7:52 AM train from Penn Station to Port Washington will depart 3 minutes later, at 7:55 AM.
- The 3:49 PM train from Penn Station to Port Washington will be restored to the schedule.
- The 5:26 PM express train from Penn Station to Port Washington will be restored to the schedule.
- The 7:04 AM westbound train from Ronkonkoma to Penn Station will depart 4 minutes earlier, at 7:00 AM.
West Hempstead Branch:
- The 7:34 AM westbound train from West Hempstead to Penn Station will depart two minutes later, at 7:36 AM.
Printed timetables will not be distributed. View the links below:
City Terminal Zone
Far Rockaway Branch
Forest Hills & Kew Gardens
Long Beach Branch
Oyster Bay Branch
Port Jefferson Branch
Port Washington Branch
West Hempstead Branch
- Use the new LIRR Train Time App (app.mylirr.org) to follow the progress of your train, check how much space is available in each train car, and much more.
- Masks are required at LIRR stations and for all those riding our trains. While onboard, masks/face coverings must remain on for the duration of your travel.
- Please practice social distancing by remaining six feet apart from other riders whenever possible. At stations, follow social distancing signage, including floor decals.
- South Fork Commuter Connection train service remains suspended.
For More Information: Contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate