New Timetables to Begin on Monday, November 11
New timetables go into effect for all LIRR branches on Monday, November 11 and continue through January 5, 2020. The new timetables contain Peak and Off-Peak service adjustments to accommodate track work, infrastructure improvements and efforts to address service impacts from fall leaf season.
Ronkonkoma Branch - Peak Changes
Several AM Peak trains on the Ronkonkoma Branch will operate on slightly adjusted schedules east of Hicksville to account for reduced speeds in areas prone to slippery rail/low-adhesion conditions. Trains will arrive at western terminals at their normal times. The affected trains are:
- The 5:25 AM train from Greenport to Ronkonkoma will depart 6 minutes earlier and arrive in Ronkonkoma 3 minutes earlier.
- The 6:51 AM westbound train from Ronkonkoma will depart 3 minutes earlier at 6:48 AM, departing earlier from stations through Bethpage.
- The 7:51 AM westbound train from Farmingdale to Penn Station will depart 1 minute earlier at 7:50 AM, departing earlier from Farmingdale and Bethpage stations.
- The 7:32 AM westbound train from Ronkonkoma to Penn Station will depart 3 minutes earlier at 7:29 AM, departing earlier from stations through Farmingdale.
In addition, some midday and PM Peak trains were restored to their prior schedule following the completion of concrete tie installation work:
- The 2:00 PM train from Penn Station to Ronkonkoma will depart 14 minutes later, at 2:14 PM.
- The 4:54 PM train from Penn Station to Ronkonkoma will depart 7 minutes later, at 5:01 PM.
- The 5:01 PM train from Penn Station to Farmingdale will depart 7 minutes earlier, at 4:54 PM.
Montauk-Southampton Train Service Restored:
Train service will be restored between Montauk and Southampton starting Monday, November 11, following work to replace two bridges in East Hampton, at North Main Street and Accabonac Road, to improve safety and reduce the possibility of bridge strikes (and accompanying train delays) that occur when oversized vehicles improperly pass under these bridges. The LIRR raised the vertical roadway clearance of these bridges with the installation of new single span steel bridge structures. The new height clearance will allow trucks to safely pass underneath the bridges. While the work was underway, buses replaced all train service east of Southampton, which included stations at Bridgehampton, East Hampton, Amagansett and Montauk, on a 24/7 basis between Tuesday, October 15 and Sunday, November 10.
South Fork Commuter Connection Back on Track, November 11:
Starting Monday, November 11, the South Fork Commuter Connection (SFCC) will be back on track with full train service following replacement of two bridges in East Hampton. SFCC service had been somewhat curtailed during construction, when buses replaced trains between Montauk and Southampton. For details about SFCC service, click here.
Weekday Off-Peak and Weekend Changes:
Babylon Branch – Middays, Weekdays
Midday Babylon Branch trains depart between 7 minutes earlier and 13 minutes later while track surfacing work is performed between Jamaica and Valley Stream.
Babylon and Long Beach Branches – Overnights, Weekdays
Overnight trains on the Babylon and Long Beach Branches will depart between 20 minutes earlier and 15 minutes later to accommodate the station renovation project underway at Lynbrook.
Brooklyn Service – Weekends and Overnights
On weekends and overnights, trains operating between Jamaica and Brooklyn will depart between 7 minutes earlier and 15 minutes later to accommodate NYC Department of Transportation construction work at Atlantic Avenue in East New York, and cable installation for Positive Train Control (PTC), a technology to improve rail safety. Connecting service at Jamaica will be adjusted as well.
Pick up a copy of the new timetables at stations and terminals, or view pdf copies on the web below:
For More Information
Contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate