Monday, January 25: New Timetables in Effect
New timetables will go into effect on Monday, January 25, 2021. These new timetables will allow the LIRR to operate more efficiently and align train service more closely with current ridership levels. We recommend reviewing the new schedules closely, either by checking timetables online at web.mta.info/lirr/Timetable/ or by using the LIRR’s free Train Time App (downloadable at app.mylirr.org/), as there are changes to morning and evening rush-hour service on most branches. Additional key details include:
- All branches will have some schedule adjustments, including revised departure times or changes to connecting trains during non-rush-hour periods.
- Select morning and evening trains will be lengthened to better accommodate riders during rush-hour periods.
- Off-Peak fares remain in effect at all times.
- Station stops will be added strategically to provide convenient connections.
- Weekday service to/from Hunterspoint Avenue and Long Island City stations will continue.
Printed timetables will not be distributed. View the links below:
- Printed timetables will not be distributed. To view timetables online, click here; to visit the LIRR’s Schedules & Fares webpage, click here.
- Use the new LIRR Train Time App (app.mylirr.org/) to follow the progress of your train, check how much space is available in each train car, and much more.
- Masks are required at LIRR stations and for all those riding our trains. While onboard, masks/face coverings must remain on for the duration of your travel.
- Please practice social distancing by remaining six feet apart from other riders whenever possible. At stations, follow social distancing signage, including floor decals.
For More Information: Contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate