Nassau Boulevard Bridge Replacement Project
Weekend of October 5-6, 2019
No Train Service Between New Hyde Park & Hicksville
Over the weekend of October 5-6, the bridge at Nassau Boulevard in Garden City will be replaced as part of the LIRR Expansion Project.
Please plan ahead. Special weekend timetables will be in effect for ALL branches on Saturday and Sunday, October 5-6.
For project details, click here.
The LIRR Expansion Project will add a third track along nearly 10 miles of right-of-way between Floral Park and Hicksville, increasing capacity, improving reliability and creating new service opportunities. Thank you for your patience while work is underway.
Summary of Weekend Service Changes
Port Jefferson Branch:
- Port Jefferson-Huntington: Two-hour service intervals
- Huntington-Hicksville: Hourly service intervals
- New Hyde Park, Merillon Avenue, Carle Place, Westbury Stations: No train service
- Mineola Station: Train service to/from Oyster Bay only
- Note: LIRR tickets will be cross-honored on the N22/N24 NICE Bus routes for LIRR customers traveling between Mineola and Hicksville
- Ronkonkoma-Hicksville: Hourly service intervals
- Ronkonkoma-Greenport: Service level unchanged, but westbound trains will depart Greenport 4-7 minutes earlier than regularly scheduled train times; connecting eastbound service to Greenport will depart up to 70 minutes earlier than normal train times
- Bethpage Station: Service provided by shuttle trains between Babylon and Hicksville
Oyster Bay Branch
- Two-hour service intervals between Oyster Bay and Mineola only; transfer to/from buses for Hempstead
- Service increased from hourly to half-hourly intervals, alternating between Penn Station and Atlantic Terminal
All Other Branches
- Adjusted schedules due to changes in connecting service
Oyster Bay Branch:
Trains will operate between Oyster Bay and Mineola only.
- Westbound: Transfer to NICE buses (N40/N41) at Mineola (LIRR tickets will be cross-honored) for service to Hempstead, and resume train service at Hempstead for points west. Hempstead Branch service will be increased from hourly to half-hourly. Visit nicebus.com for schedules.
- Eastbound: Transfer to a free shuttle bus at Hempstead for service to Mineola, where connecting Oyster Bay trains will run every two hours. Customers can also use their LIRR tickets to travel to Mineola on the N40/N41 bus routes, but there will be no connecting train service.
Port Jefferson/Ronkonkoma Branches:
- Westbound: Trains will operate from Port Jefferson and Huntington to Hicksville, and from Ronkonkoma to Hicksville. Connect to a shuttle train to Babylon, then transfer to an express train to Penn Station. Express trains will stop at Jamaica for connections to Brooklyn and points west.
- Eastbound: Board a train to Babylon, transfer to a shuttle train to Hicksville, and transfer again for train service to points east, including Huntington, Port Jefferson and Ronkonkoma.
- Bethpage Station: All service to and from Bethpage Station will be provided by the shuttle trains between Babylon and Hicksville. The shuttle will be a diesel-powered train with bi-level cars. Electric trains will not stop at Bethpage Station.
Alternate Stations & Weekend
Oyster Bay Branch
To reduce additional travel time and transfers, consider traveling via nearby stations on the Port Washington Branch:
- Port Washington: Approximately 1,000 spaces (no restrictions on weekends/holidays)
- Manhasset: Approximately 650 spaces ($10 daily fee without Manhasset Park District (MPD) permit)
- Douglaston: Approximately 120 spaces ($7.50 daily fee)
- Little Neck: Approximately 110 spaces ($7.50 daily fee)
Port Jefferson/Ronkonkoma Branches
To reduce additional travel time and transfers, consider traveling via the Hempstead, Babylon or Montauk branches. Key stations to consider for weekend parking include:
- Floral Park: No restrictions on weekends/holidays for the approximately 110 spaces under the viaduct, and the approximately 120 spaces available in the lot on the south side of station, east of Carnation Avenue. All other parking at this station requires permits and/or fees on weekends/holidays. Note: No parking between 3 AM and 5 AM, daily.
- Hempstead: Approximately 700 spaces (Village of Hempstead Resident or Non-Resident permit or fee required) (Parking rate: 50 cents/hour)
- Hicksville: Approximately 2,500 spaces (no restrictions on weekends/holidays)
- Freeport: Approximately 1,600 spaces (no restrictions on weekends/holidays)
- Merrick: Approximately 1,600 spaces (no restrictions on weekends/holidays)
Pick up a special weekend timetable for your branch or click here:
Far Rockaway Branch
Hillside (Employees Only)
Long Beach Branch
Oyster Bay Branch
Port Jefferson Branch
Port Washington Branch
West Hempstead Branch
- To avoid delays and transfers, consider taking the Babylon, Hempstead, Montauk or Port Washington branches.
- Pick up special weekend timetables dated October 5-6, 2019, available at stations and terminals and online at mta.info/lirr.
- Allow up to 60 minutes of additional travel time.
- Buy LIRR tickets in advance. Customers using MTA eTix should download the app and complete their purchase prior to their trip, and then activate their tickets just before boarding the train.
- Look for LIRR personnel at key locations and/or listen for announcements regarding track and platform assignments.
- Sign up for E-Alerts at mymtaalerts.com.
- Check mta.info/lirr for real-time service status information and/or call the LIRR’s Customer Service Center at 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477).
- Download the MYmta and Train Time apps.
- Use the mobile-friendly Train Finder tool mylirr.org to follow the progress of your train.
- Monitor radio and TV traffic reports for updates.
For More Information: Contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate