Mineola Station Reconstruction, Phase 1: East End of Station To Close for Reconstruction
The reconstruction of Mineola Station, which began in April of this year, will continue to advance in late May with the closure of the east end of the station. Please see below for the following changes and advisories, effective Tuesday, May 26:
- Temporary platforms, which extend westward, will open, along with temporary walkways. A 12-car platform length will be maintained.
- Some platform entry/exit points will change; accessibility will be maintained for both platforms. Please allow extra time to reach the station platform.
- Sections of the station plaza will be zoned off due to construction activity.
- Parking will be reduced in the surface lots on the north and south sides of the station.
- The east end pedestrian overpass, located near the station building, will close. The west end pedestrian overpass, located near the parking garage, will remain open.
- The waiting room on the south side of the station will remain closed.
- The Ticket Machines on the south side platform (one Full-Service, one Daily) will be relocated further west.
See the map below for details:
The rebuilding of Mineola Station is one of the key components of the LIRR Expansion Project. Station improvements will include:
- Platform replacement
- Station building renovation
- New amenities such as platform canopies; standing/leaning benches; platform shelters; CCTV security cameras; enhanced signage; artwork; bike racks; Wi-Fi; USB charging stations; and digital information displays.
- Replacement of the pedestrian overpass near the station building, and construction of a new overpass to the east, near Main Street. The east end overpass will have two new elevators, increasing accessibility and supplementing the two existing elevators located at the overpass near the parking garage.
For More Information: Contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate