Baseball Season Gets Underway; Take the Train to the Game!
Take the LIRR to Mets home games and avoid game day traffic and parking fees! Direct train service to the ballpark is available from Penn Station, Woodside and all stations on the Port Washington Branch.
Customers from Eastern Long Island should consult branch timetables for service to Woodside, where transfers can be made to Port Washington Branch trains on Platform B for service to Mets-Willets Point. Please remember to take your train ticket when transferring at Woodside.
Port Washington Branch trains have been stopping at Mets-Willets Point Station around-the-clock to provide service to the mass vaccination site at Citi Field during non-game hours and will make stops at Mets-Willets Point starting on April 8, opening day, and throughout the regular season for Mets home games.
- Visit mlb.com/mets/fans/safe-at-citi for ticketing, health and safety, and related information before planning your travel to Citi Field, which is currently operating at reduced capacity.
- Customers are required to wear masks on LIRR trains and property, regardless of vaccination status, and regardless of social distancing. While onboard, masks must remain on for the duration of your travel.
- At Mets-Willets Point Station, please practice social distancing by remaining six feet apart from others whenever possible.
- Sign up for E-Alerts at mymtaalerts.com.
- Download the free LIRR TrainTime App to plan your trip, follow the progress of your train, and track real-time customer loading information to find the least crowded cars on any train.
- Buy LIRR tickets in advance. Customers using MTA eTix® should activate their tickets just before boarding the train. Customers with paper tickets should retain their ticket if transferring to/from Port Washington Branch trains at Woodside.
For More Information: Customer Service Center agents are available to answer questions via live chat or phone between 6 AM and 10 PM, daily. For service related questions, chat live with customer service agents through the LIRR TrainTime app. To speak with an agent, call 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477) and say “Representative” when the prompts begin. Automated schedule information is available via phone 24/7.
- Google Translate