May 5-6: Buses Replace Weekend Trains between Ronkonkoma & Hicksville
Buses will replace weekend trains between Ronkonkoma and Hicksville on Saturday, May 5 and Sunday, May 6, due to construction related to the Double Track project. The first westbound bus departs Ronkonkoma Saturday morning at 12:02 AM and the first eastbound bus departs Hicksville at 12:59 AM on Saturday. In addition, one Friday night train departs earlier. Ronkonkoma Branch service will be affected as follows:
The 10:42 PM train from Penn Station to Ronkonkoma will depart one minute earlier at 10:41 PM
- Customers at stations Ronkonkoma through Bethpage will board buses to Hicksville up to 45 minutes earlier than normal train times, then transfer to westbound trains.
- Customers at stations Greenport through Medford will board buses at Ronkonkoma and ride to Hicksville, where train service will resume. Customers will arrive at western terminals 1 hour later than normal.
- Customers traveling to stations Bethpage through Ronkonkoma will transfer to buses at Hicksville. Plan for 46 minutes of added travel time.
Departure times for trains that provide connecting service to Greenport have been adjusted:
- Customers who normally take the 2:53 AM train from Penn to Ronkonkoma will transfer at Hicksville for a bus that will make all local stops to Greenport.
- Customers who normally take the 8:07 AM and the 1:07 PM trains from Penn to Ronkonkoma for connecting service to Greenport will depart from Penn Station 1 hour earlier than normal, at 7:07 AM and 12:07 PM.
Allow extra travel time & pick up a copy of the special Ronkonkoma Branch Trackwork Timetable, dated May 5-6, 2018 or click here: https://goo.gl/1BgnSJ
Please plan ahead: Similar busing programs will be in effect on the weekends of May 12-13 and May 19-20.
For more information, contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate