May 19-20: Buses Replace Trains between Ronkonkoma and Brentwood
To accommodate trackwork related to the LIRR’s Double Track Project, buses will replace trains between Ronkonkoma and Brentwood Saturday, May 19 and Sunday, May 20. The first westbound bus departs Ronkonkoma at 12:12 AM. The first eastbound bus departs Brentwood at 1:25 AM. Service will be affected as follows:
- Customers at stations Ronkonkoma and Central Islip will board a bus to Brentwood, then transfer to a train for service to points west. Buses will depart up to 34 minutes earlier than usual train times.
- Greenport-Ronkonkoma trains will depart 21 minutes later than usual on Saturday and Sunday. At Ronkonkoma, customers will transfer to buses for service to Brentwood, where train service resumes.
- Please plan for up to 60 minutes of additional travel time.
- Eastbound Ronkonkoma Branch trains will terminate at Brentwood.
- At Brentwood, customers will board buses for service to stations Central Islip and Ronkonkoma.
- Please plan for up to 35 minutes of additional travel time.
For additional information, pick up a copy of the special Ronkonkoma Branch timetable dated May 18-20, 2018 or view the special timetable online at: https://goo.gl/Loy3aY
- Google Translate