May 18, 19 & 20: Weekend Huntington/Port Jeff Branch Service Reduced; Weekend Impacts to Other Branches; Some Friday Night Trains Depart Earlier
This weekend, starting Friday night, May 18 and continuing through Sunday, May 21, testing of a new signal system designed to support East Side Access at Harold Interlocking in Queens – a pivotal step in the progress toward East Side Access – is taking place. To accommodate this work, Saturday/Sunday service on the Port Jefferson Branch will be reduced and there are changes to connecting service for a number of other branches. In addition, some eastbound trains will depart from Penn Station a few minutes earlier than usual on Friday night. Huntington/Port Jefferson Branch service will be affected as follows:
Friday Night Service Impacts:
Babylon and Montauk Branches
- The 10:35 PM train from Penn Station, which connects to a Speonk-bound train at Babylon, will depart 3 minutes earlier at 10:32 PM.
- The 10:39 PM train from Penn Station to Babylon will depart 4 minutes earlier at 10:35 PM.
- The 11:35 PM train from Penn Station, which connects to a Speonk-bound train at Babylon will depart 1 minute earlier at 11:34 PM.
- The 11:39 PM train from Penn Station to Babylon will depart 2 minutes earlier at 11:37 PM.
Ronkonkoma and Huntington/Port Jefferson Branches
- The 10:42 PM train from Penn Station to Ronkonkoma, which connects to a Port Jefferson-bound train at Hicksville, will depart one minute earlier at 10:41 PM.
- The 11:04 PM train from Penn Station to Huntington will depart 2 minutes earlier at 11:02 PM.
Huntington/ Port Jefferson Branch
- Weekend train service between Huntington and Penn Station will be reduced from half-hourly to hourly, with trains making all local stops from Huntington through New Hyde Park.
- Weekend train service between Port Jefferson and Huntington will be reduced from every 90 minutes to every two hours.
Babylon and Ronkonkoma Branches
Some Babylon and Ronkonkoma Branch trains will have adjusted departure times.
Please plan for additional travel time and pick up a copy of the special weekend timetable for your branch or click on the name of your branch below to see the special weekend timetable:
For more information, contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate