Updated May 3rd at 8:08pm Read more
May 18, 2020 COVID-19 Train Service Update
MTA Essential Service Plan Remains in Effect; Westbound Ronkonkoma Branch Trains Depart Earlier
Remember: Wearing a Mask or Face Covering is Required on Trains and at Stations
LIRR timetables were updated on Monday, May 18. The MTA Essential Service Plan remains in effect system-wide, featuring half-hourly or hourly service on most branches, with strategically added trains during peak travel times. While the MTA Essential Service Plan is in effect, Off-Peak fares will be charged at all times. Please note that cash sales are not permitted onboard trains (credit/debit cards accepted). Cash is accepted at Ticket Machines, but we urge customers to download MTA eTix for the easiest and most contactless method of purchasing/displaying tickets.
Starting Monday, May 18, there will be adjustments to arrival/departure times, and to connecting service, for trains on some branches due to trackwork programs. Schedules will be in effect Monday-Sunday, unless otherwise specified. Changes taking effect on May 18 include:
Ronkonkoma Branch: To accommodate concrete tie installation, most westbound trains will depart earlier.
- The current 5:35 AM train from Ronkonkoma to Penn will now operate weekdays only.
- The current 5:11 AM weekday train from Ronkonkoma to Penn will now operate 7 days a week, departing three minutes earlier at 5:08 AM.
- Daily from 6:31 AM through 10:31 PM, westbound Ronkonkoma Branch trains will depart Ronkonkoma Station at :31 minutes past the hour, 8 minutes earlier than in the previous timetable. Westbound trains at interim stops from Central Islip through Hicksville will also depart 8 minutes earlier during those hours.
See below for additional weekday trains added Monday through Friday, which will continue to operate as part of the MTA Essential Schedule:
- 4:20 AM train from Speonk to Jamaica, stopping at Freeport (5:50 AM) and Rockville Centre (5:55 AM) on weekdays only.
- 5:00 AM train from Babylon, all local stops to Lynbrook, Jamaica, Woodside, arriving at Penn at 6:16 AM.
- 5:00 AM train from Ronkonkoma, all local stops to Hicksville, Mineola, New Hyde Park, Jamaica, Woodside, arriving at Penn at 6:21 AM.
- 5:15 AM train from Babylon, all local stops to Lynbrook, Jamaica, Woodside, arriving at Penn at 6:31 AM.
- 6:00 AM train from Port Jefferson, all local stops to Hicksville, Mineola, Jamaica, arriving at Penn at 7:54 AM.
- 6:51 AM train from Oyster Bay, all local stops to Mineola, Jamaica, arriving at Penn at 8:10 AM.
- 2:05 PM train from Penn Station to Babylon, stopping at Woodside, Jamaica, Lynbrook, all local stops to Babylon, arriving at 3:21 PM.
- 2:41 PM train from Penn Station to Ronkonkoma, stopping at Woodside, Jamaica, Mineola, Hicksville and all local stops to Ronkonkoma, arriving at 4:07 PM.
- 5:07 PM train from Penn Station to Port Jefferson, stopping at Jamaica, Mineola and all local stops to Port Jefferson, arriving at 6:53 PM.
- 5:31 PM train from Penn Station to Oyster Bay, stopping at Jamaica, Mineola and all local stops to Oyster Bay, arriving at 6:46 PM.
- 6:08 PM train from Penn Station to Babylon, stopping at Woodside, Jamaica, Lynbrook, all local stops to Babylon, arriving at 7:24 PM.
- 6:41 PM train from Penn Station to Ronkonkoma, stopping at Woodside, Jamaica, Mineola, and all local stops to Ronkonkoma, arriving at 8:07 PM.
To view/download the Essential Service Plan schedule for your branch, click here or click on your specific branch timetable, below.
- If you don’t have to travel, don’t. Help us flatten the curve and ensure that essential workers can travel safely.
- Check new.mta.info/coronavirus for updates.
- Sign up for E-Alerts at mymtaalerts.com.
- Monitor mta.info/lirr for real-time service status information.
- Call the LIRR’s Customer Service Center at 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477).
- Use our online Schedules & Fares tool or download apps such as , and .
For More Information: Contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate