March 17-19: No Late-Night Service Between Atlantic Terminal & Jamaica: Sunday Brooklyn Service Reduced to Hourly on 3/18
NYCT Cross-Honoring LIRR To and From Atlantic Terminal
Late night train service between Atlantic Terminal and Jamaica Station will be suspended in both directions after 10:45 PM on Saturday night, March 17 and again on Sunday night, March 18, to accommodate trackwork in East New York. In addition, on Sunday, March 18, daytime service (5:00 AM -10:45 PM) to/from Brooklyn will be reduced from half-hourly to hourly as the trackwork continues. This also affects service at the East New York and Nostrand Avenue stations. On Sunday between 5:00 AM and 10:45 PM, customers should be prepared for track changes while the work is underway.
During the late-night train service suspensions this weekend, New York City Transit will cross-honor LIRR tickets on the subway from 10:45 PM until 1:45 AM as follows:
- Atlantic Terminal customers should board Manhattan-bound , or trains to 34th St/Herald Square, and walk one block west to Penn Station for eastbound LIRR service.
- Nostrand Avenue customers should board a Manhattan-bound train at Fulton St/Nostrand Av, and ride to 34th St./Penn Station for eastbound LIRR service.
- East New York customers should board a Manhattan bound train, ride one stop to Broadway Junction, then transfer to the train to Sutphin Blvd/Archer Av and go upstairs to LIRR’s Jamaica Station.
- Customers traveling to Atlantic Terminal can take any LIRR train to Penn Station, then walk one block east to 34th St/Herald Square and take a Brooklyn-bound , or train to Atlantic Terminal.
- Customers traveling to Nostrand Avenue can take any LIRR train to Penn Station, then board a Brooklyn-bound train to Nostrand Av.
- Customers traveling to East New York can take any LIRR train to Jamaica, then board a Brooklyn-bound train to Broadway Junction.
Buy Your Tickets in Advance
LIRR customers should buy round trip tickets in advance, or use the MTA eTix app, in order to save time and avoid lines. Remember to activate your eTix before boarding the train. LIRR customers purchasing tickets onboard the train will be charged the higher onboard fare.
For detailed train schedule information see http://web.mta.info/lirr/Timetable/
For more information, contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate