Monday, March 29: New Timetables in Effect
Starting Monday, March 29, new LIRR timetables will take effect on all branches. Off-peak fares will remain in effect on all trains, even during traditional peak hours.
The new timetables restore weekday service to levels similar to what had been in effect from January 25 - March 5, 2021. Printed timetables will not be distributed. Click here to view timetables for your branch.
- Port Washington Branch: On the Port Washington Branch, where crews are replacing concrete ties between Mets-Willets Point and Bayside, midday trains will operate every hour instead of every 30 minutes. However, rush hour service will operate at a level similar to what was in place prior to March 8.
- Hempstead Branch: During the evening rush hour, the 5:38 PM train from Penn Station to Hempstead will instead temporarily depart from Atlantic Terminal at 5:46 PM due to trackwork. A connecting train from Penn Station is scheduled to depart at 5:33 PM; change at Jamaica for service to Hempstead.
- Use the free LIRR TrainTime App (app.mylirr.org/) to plan your trip, follow the progress of your train, and track real-time customer loading information to find the least crowded cars on any train.
- Masks are required at LIRR stations and for all those riding our trains. While onboard, masks/face coverings must remain on for the duration of your travel.
- Sign up to receive email/text message alerts (mymtaalerts.com) or check the MTA website (mta.info) for updates.
For More Information: Customer Service Center agents are available to answer questions via live chat or phone between 6 AM and 10 PM, daily. For service related questions, chat live with customer service agents through the LIRR TrainTime app. To speak with an agent, call 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477) and say “Representative” when the prompts begin. Automated schedule information is available via phone 24/7.
- Google Translate