Major Weekend Service Changes in Effect on Multiple Branches — January 25-26 & February 15-16
LIRR Modernization Efforts Progressing at Key Locations
On the weekends of January 25-26 and February 15-16, service changes will be in effect on most LIRR branches (with the exception of the Port Washington Branch) as the LIRR continues to progress modernization efforts at key locations throughout its system. Branch-specific service changes include:
Babylon Branch (Saturday, January 25 Only): Between 1 AM and 3 PM, westbound trains will depart stations Babylon - Massapequa 5 minutes earlier. In addition, during these two weekends only, weekly Atlantic Tickets will be accepted on trains operating between Jamaica and Penn Station. One-Way Atlantic Tickets will be accepted as well, but on weekends CityTicket is the more economical option.
Brooklyn Service (City Terminal Zone): No service between Jamaica and Atlantic Terminal. LIRR tickets will be cross-honored for subway service to/from Brooklyn.
Far Rockaway Branch: All trains originate/terminate at Valley Stream. Change at Valley Stream for train service to/from Penn Station.
Hempstead Branch: All trains originate/terminate at Jamaica. Change at Jamaica for train service to/from Penn Station.
West Hempstead Branch: Buses substitute for trains between Valley Stream and West Hempstead. Change at Valley Stream for train service to/from Penn Station.
Long Beach/Montauk/Oyster Bay/Port Jefferson/Ronkonkoma Branches: Changes to departure times for connecting service west of Jamaica; no Brooklyn service.
During these weekends, we will be busy performing:
- Positive Train Control installation (PTC) work between Jamaica and Brooklyn
- New switch installation at Jamaica, as part of the Jamaica Capacity Improvements project
- State-of-good-repair trackwork between Jamaica and Valley Stream
- Signal work for the Massapequa Pocket Track
- Pick up special weekend timetables for January 25-26, 2020 and for February 15-16, 2020, available at stations and terminals and online below:
- Listen for announcements regarding track and platform assignments.
- Sign up for E-Alerts at mymtaalerts.com.
- Monitor mta.info/lirr for real-time service status information.
- Call the LIRR’s Customer Service Center at 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477).
- Download the MYmta and Train Time apps.
- Use the mobile-friendly Train Finder tool mylirr.org to follow the progress of your train.
For More Information: Contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate