Lynbrook Station Enhancement Project
The Lynbrook Station Enhancement Project began on September 3, 2019, and is expected to continue through the 3rd quarter of 2020. Station enhancements include but are not limited to the following:
- New platform waiting rooms
- New LED light fixtures
- New polycarbonate canopy and elevator roof
- New public address system, security cameras, signage and platform coating.
Currently, the west end platform and staircase are open, the east end platform and staircase are closed, and the following boarding/exiting patterns are in effect:
Platform A (Babylon Branch service): Please be prepared to board/exit all trains from the head six cars.
Platform B (Long Beach Branch service): Please be prepared to board/exit all trains from the head four cars.
- Allow additional time to reach the station platform.
- Listen closely for station and onboard announcements regarding track/platform assignments.
- Sign up to receive e-mail/text message alerts at mymtaalerts.com.
- Use the new LIRR Train Time App to follow the progress of your train, check how much space is available in each train car, and much more.
We appreciate your patience as we work to modernize the LIRR system.
For More Information: Contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate