LIRR Expansion Project Work at Mineola Commences
This April marks the start of the reconstruction of Mineola Station, one of the key components of the LIRR Expansion Project. Initial Phase 1 work involves utility relocation, which will result in the following changes (effective through early May):
- Parking lots: Expect some reduction in parking capacity in the surface lots at the station. Locations will shift as the work progresses.
- Station plaza: Sections of the plaza area will be zoned off due to construction activity.
- Please allow additional time to reach the station platform while work is underway.
- In addition, on Monday, April 13, the eastbound waiting room will close in preparation for platform replacement work.
Station improvements will include:
- Platform replacement
- Station building renovation
- New amenities such as platform canopies; standing/leaning benches; platform shelters; CCTV security cameras; enhanced signage; artwork; bike racks; Wi-Fi; USB charging stations; and digital information displays.
- Replacement of the pedestrian overpass near the station building, and construction of a new overpass to the east, near Main Street. Each overpass will have two elevators.
The LIRR Expansion Project will add a third track along nearly 10 miles of right-of-way between Floral Park and Hicksville, increasing capacity, improving reliabilityand creating new service opportunities. This service change is expected to continue through the second quarter of 2021. Visit amodernli.com to learn more. Thank you for your patience while work is underway.
For More Information: Contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate