February 10-11: Buses Replace Weekend Trains between Ronkonkoma & Hicksville
This weekend, Saturday, February 10 and Sunday, February 11, buses will replace trains between Ronkonkoma and Hicksville to accommodate trackwork. The first westbound bus departs Ronkonkoma at 12:02 AM. The first eastbound bus departs Hicksville at 1:07 AM. The work will also impact connecting times for some Babylon, Montauk, Far Rockaway, Long Beach, Oyster Bay, Port Jefferson, West Hempstead and Greenport trains.
Ronkonkoma Branch service will be affected as follows:
- Customers at stations Ronkonkoma through Bethpage will board buses to Hicksville up to 44 minutes earlier than normal train times, then transfer to westbound trains.
- The 10:05 AM, 11:05 AM and 12:05 PM trains from Ronkonkoma are canceled, with no connecting bus service.
- Customers beginning their trips at stations Greenport through Medford will transfer to buses at Ronkonkoma for service to Hicksville, where train service will resume.
- Customers traveling to stations Bethpage through Ronkonkoma will transfer to buses at Hicksville. Plan for up to 44 minutes of additional travel time.
- The 4:39 PM, 5:39 PM and 6:39 PM weekend trains from Penn Station to Ronkonkoma will be canceled with no connecting bus service.
- Customers traveling to stations Medford through Greenport will take the 8:22 AM or 1:22 PM trains from Penn Station to Hicksville, then board buses to Ronkonkoma where train service will resume.
For details, see the special Ronkonkoma Branch weekend timetable at: https://goo.gl/JTfV5B
For more information, contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate