LIRR Provides Extra Service for Yom Kippur
The MTA Long Island Rail Road will provide additional early-afternoon service from Penn Station on Tuesday afternoon, September 18, for customers traveling home early in observance of Yom Kippur. Ten additional trains will depart Penn Station between 1:49PM and 3:48PM. There will be four additional trains on the Babylon Branch, three extra trains to Hicksville and Huntington, and one each to Far Rockaway, Great Neck and Ronkonkoma.
The extra afternoon departures from Penn Station include:
- 1:49 PM train stopping at Woodside, Jamaica, Mineola, Hicksville, then all stops to Ronkonkoma.
Port Jefferson Branch
- 2:08 PM train stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, then all stops to Huntington
- 2:29 PM train stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, Merillon Ave. then all stops to Huntington
- 3:24 PM train stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville
- 2:22 PM express to Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon
- 2:32 PM express to Lynbrook, then all stops to Babylon
- 3:00 PM train stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon
- 3:31 PM express to Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon
Port Washington Branch (to Great Neck)
- 3:40 PM train stopping at Woodside, Flushing Main St., then all stops to Great Neck
Far Rockaway Branch
- 3:48 PM express to Locust Manor, then all stops to Far Rockaway
For More Information
Contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate