June 15, 2020: Expanded Essential Service Plan Update
LIRR Adds Trains/Stops
Changes to the Expanded Essential Service plan will go into effect on Monday, June 15 to accommodate customer requests and improve seating capacity and the spacing of train service. Branches affected include Hempstead, Port Jefferson and Ronkonkoma. See below for key changes:
- At Floral Park, we’re adding a 6:13 AM westbound train to Penn Station on weekday mornings. (The 5:46 AM train from Huntington to Penn Station will add a 6:13 AM stop at Floral Park.)
Port Jefferson Branch:
- The 12:31 PM weekday train from Port Jefferson to Jamaica will be restored to the schedule.
- The 5:12 PM weekday train from Hunterspoint Avenue to Port Jefferson will be restored to the schedule.
- The 5:47 PM weekday train from Hunterspoint Avenue to Port Jefferson will operate express from Jamaica to Greenlawn. Transfer at Jamaica for service to Mineola, Hicksville and Huntington.
- The 11:32 AM weekday train from Ronkonkoma to Penn Station will be restored to the schedule.
- The 11:25 AM train from Farmingdale to Penn Station will be removed from the schedule. As alternatives, customers can take westbound trains departing Farmingdale, at 10:59 AM or 11:59 AM. Customers who normally board this train at Hicksville (11:36 AM) or Mineola (11:47 AM) can instead take the westbound train that departs Hicksville at 11:42 AM and Mineola at 11:52 AM, respectively.
Printed branch timetables will not be distributed for the June 15, 2020, Essential Service Plan timetable. To view all LIRR timetables, visit mta.info/lirr or click below:
- Train service has been increased to 90% of regular service levels.
- Masks are required at LIRR stations and for all those riding our trains.
- Long Island City and Hunterspoint Avenue customers: some weekday service has resumed.
- Ticket Windows at Penn Station, Jamaica Station and Atlantic Terminal are now open, with ticket office hours as follows: Penn (24/7), Jamaica and Atlantic Terminal (6 AM – 10 PM, daily). Ticket Windows at suburban stations will remain closed until further notice.
- There are no cash sales at Ticket Windows, or onboard trains. Use Ticket Machines for cash purchases, or use MTA eTix for the most contactless method of purchasing and displaying tickets.
- Off-Peak fares remain in effect at all times while we operate the Essential Service Plan.
- South Fork Commuter Connection train service remains suspended.
- If you don’t have to travel, don’t. Help us stop the spread and ensure that essential workers and Phase 1 workers can travel safely. If you don’t have to travel, don’t.
- Check new.mta.info/coronavirus for updates.
- Sign up for E-Alerts at mymtaalerts.com.
- Monitor mta.info/lirr for real-time service status information.
- Call the LIRR’s Customer Service Center at 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477).
- Use our online Schedules & Fares tool or download apps such as and .
For More Information: Contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate