COVID-19 Mitigation Measures – Station Updates
To help keep our customers and employees safe and healthy throughout the COVID-19 public health crisis, we are intensifying our efforts to battle this pandemic. These measures will assist in concentrating our disinfecting efforts, maintaining our equipment and critical infrastructure, and safely operating trains throughout our territory, so that we can continue to provide vital transportation services to health care workers, first responders, and other crucial essential personnel. At LIRR stations, the following changes are in effect until further notice:
- Penn Station: Waiting Room, Ticket Windows, Customer Service Office and Lost & Found Office are closed. Ambassadors will be stationed behind Ticket Windows to assist with LIRR Care and access to the private lactation pod (available for nursing moms from 6:30 AM – 9:30 PM). The West End Concourse will be closed nightly, from 9 PM – 5 AM.
- Atlantic Terminal: Waiting Room and Ticket Windows are closed. Ambassadors will be stationed behind Ticket Windows to assist with LIRR Care and access to the private lactation pod (available for nursing moms from 6:30 AM – 9:30 PM).
- Jamaica Station: Waiting Room and Ticket Windows are closed. Ambassadors will be stationed behind Ticket Windows to assist with LIRR Care. The platform waiting rooms and station building will be closed nightly, from 10 PM – 6 AM; customers seeking to use Ticket Machines can find additional machines on the mezzanine level.
- All Other Stations: Waiting Rooms and Ticket Windows are closed. Platform waiting room hours have been reduced, and are subject to closure depending on local conditions.
- Lost & Found Office: The Lost & Found Office is fully closed and items will be held until regular operations resume. For recently lost and urgently needed items such as critical medications, call 511 or see an LIRR Ambassador located at Penn Station, Jamaica and Atlantic Terminal.
- Ticket Machines: Ticket Machines will remain available for customer use, but we urge customers to use MTA eTix, as mobile ticketing is the easiest and most contactless method of purchasing tickets.
- Mail & Ride: If you intend to return your April 2020 monthly ticket, please include the yellow section in the enclosed envelope and ensure that the return ticket address shows through the envelope window. Do not remove the ticket from the clear seal. If your ticket is received prior to April 2, your account will not be charged. After April 3, your account will be billed and then refunded after the ticket is received. The $10 processing fee will not be charged in either case. Production for the May 2020 monthly ticket will commence on April 14. To skip May’s ticket, please go to www.mailandride.com and update your account no later than April 10, or call Mail and Ride at 718-217-5477, weekdays, 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM, for assistance.
- Parking: The parking facilities at Mineola, Ronkonkoma and Wyandanch will remain open.
- LIRR Care: The LIRR Care program will continue to operate. Call 718-LIRR-CARE/718-547-7227 (mobile) for assistance.
- Sign up for E-Alerts at mymtaalerts.com.
- Monitor mta.info/lirr for real-time service status information.
- Call the LIRR’s Customer Service Center at 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477).
- Download apps such as MyLIRR, TrainTime and MyMTA.
For More Information: Contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate