2/26 - 5/18: Buses Replace Midday Trains between Montauk & Patchogue
To accommodate state-of-good-repair rail tie replacement work, buses will replace off-peak trains between Montauk and Patchogue from 8:01 AM until 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, starting February 26 through May 18. Service will be affected as follows:
Westbound (Monday through Friday)
- Trains that depart Montauk at 11:18 AM and 2:51 PM, and the train that departs Speonk at 2:00 PM, will originate in Patchogue.
- Customers at stations Montauk through Bellport will board buses to Patchogue, then connect with train service to points west.
- Buses will depart up to 1 hour and 5 minutes later than normal train times.
Eastbound (Monday through Friday)
- The 8:57 AM train from Babylon to Montauk, and the 11:25 AM train from Jamaica to Montauk, will terminate in Patchogue.
- The 11:27 AM train from Babylon to Speonk will also terminate in Patchogue.
- Customers traveling to stations Bellport through Montauk will transfer to buses at Patchogue to complete their trip.
- Please plan for up to 41 minutes of additional travel time.
Note: These service changes will not be in effect on Good Friday/Passover, March 30. Regular midday trains will operate that day.
For details, including bus departure times, pick up a new Montauk Branch timetable, dated February 26 - May 20, 2018 or click here.
Coinciding with this work, new concrete railroad crossings will be installed at 13 grade crossings on the Montauk Branch during the months of March, April and May. Each grade crossing will be closed to vehicular traffic for at least one day. While the work is in progress, MTA Police will assist with road closures and traffic detours. Temporary paving will be performed and each crossing will be permanently repaved at a later date.
Crossings to be renewed:
- East Hampton: Wainscott NW Road, King Street, Osborne Lane (Expected late March)
- Patchogue: Bay Avenue, Grove Avenue, Conklin Avenue, Pine Neck Avenue (Expected late April)
- Bellport: Arthur Avenue (Date TBD), South Country Road (Expected May)
- Center Moriches: Chichester Avenue, Railroad Avenue, Pine Street, Locust Avenue (Expected May)
For more information, contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate