Buses Replace Midday Trains between Babylon & Speonk on Weekdays starting March 4
To accommodate state-of-good-repair track work, buses will replace midday, off-peak trains between Babylon and Speonk starting Monday, March 4 through Friday, May 17, 2019. The trackwork will take place from 8:45AM until 3:31PM each weekday. Service will be affected as follows:
- Customers at stations Speonk/Patchogue through Bay Shore will board buses up to 30 minutes earlier than normal train times. At Babylon, customers will connect with trains to points west.
- The 1:25 PM train from Patchogue is canceled. Customers can take the 1:14 PM train from Patchogue, which will make all local stops to Jamaica.
- Buses will replace some midday trains between Babylon and Patchogue/Speonk. Please allow up to 30 minutes of additional travel time.
- Customers who normally take the 8:28 AM train from Penn Station should instead take the 7:49 AM or 9:22 AM trains from Penn Station, then connect at Babylon for a
train making all local stops to Patchogue.
- Customers who normally take the 11:22 AM train from Penn Station should instead take the 11:01 AM train from Penn Station, then change at Jamaica for a train
operating express to Babylon, then making all local stops to Montauk.
For specific departure times, pick up a copy of the Montauk Branch timetable dated March 4, 2019 or click here: Montauk
For More Information
Contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate