January 25-26 & February 15-16
No Weekend Service Between Jamaica and Atlantic Terminal
NYC Transit To Cross-Honor LIRR Tickets for Subway Service
On the weekends of January 25-26 and February 15-16, system modernization projects including Positive Train Control installation (PTC) work and the installation of a new switch as part of the Jamaica Capacity Improvements Project will require a 50-hour suspension of LIRR service between Jamaica and Atlantic Terminal. During this time, NYC Transit will cross-honor LIRR tickets for service to/from Nostrand Avenue, East New York and Atlantic Terminal. In addition, during these two weekends only, weekly Atlantic Tickets will be accepted on trains operating between Jamaica and Penn Station. One-Way Atlantic Tickets will be accepted as well, but on weekends CityTicket is the more economical option. See details below:
- The last eastbound train from Atlantic Terminal will depart at 1:49 AM on Saturday morning.
- Customers at Atlantic Terminal can board Manhattan-bound / subway trains to
34th St/Penn Station for eastbound LIRR service.
- Nostrand Avenue customers can board Manhattan-bound / trains at the Nostrand Av subway stop, and travel to 34th St/Penn Station for eastbound LIRR service.
- East New York customers can walk north on Van Sinderen Avenue to the Broadway Junction subway stop and board Jamaica-Center bound trains. Exit at the Sutphin Blvd/Archer Ave/JFK Airport subway stop and transfer to eastbound LIRR service at Jamaica Station. As an alternative, board / trains to 34th St/Penn Station for eastbound LIRR service.
- The last westbound train to Atlantic Terminal will depart Jamaica at 12:52 AM on
- Customers traveling to Atlantic Terminal can take any LIRR train to Penn Station, then board Brooklyn-bound / subway trains for service to Atlantic Terminal/ Barclays Center.
- Customers traveling to Nostrand Avenue can take any LIRR train to Penn Station, then board Brooklyn-bound / trains to the Nostrand Av subway stop.
- Customers traveling to East New York can transfer to a Manhattan-bound train at Jamaica Station and exit at the Broadway Junction subway stop. As an alternative, take any LIRR train to Penn Station, then board Brooklyn-bound / trains at 34th St/Penn Station for service to Broadway Junction.
Following the work performed on Saturday, February 15 and Sunday, February 16, normal weekend/holiday service will resume by 4:30 AM on Monday, February 17, Presidents’ Day.
For More Information: Contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate