August 10-12: No Late-Night Service between Atlantic Terminal & Jamaica
Daytime Train Service to/from Atlantic Terminal to Run Hourly on Saturday, August 11 & Sunday, August 12;
NO WEEKEND TRAIN SERVICE AT Nostrand Ave & East New York
Trackwork and PTC testing between Jamaica Station and Atlantic Terminal will require a reduction in LIRR service to/from Brooklyn this weekend. Late night service between Atlantic Terminal and Jamaica will be suspended on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Daytime train service between Jamaica and Atlantic Terminal will be reduced from half-hourly to hourly on Saturday and Sunday between 5:00 AM and 10:13 PM. There is no weekend service to/from East New York and Nostrand Avenue stations. Service will be affected as follows:
- The last eastbound train to depart Atlantic Terminal is the 11:08PM train to Far Rockaway, stopping at Jamaica at 11:29PM.
- The last westbound train from Jamaica to Atlantic Terminal departs Jamaica at 10:48 PM.
Saturday & Sunday
- Daytime train service between Atlantic Terminal and Jamaica runs hourly between 5:00 AM and 10:13 PM
- No weekend service to/from Nostrand Avenue and East New York
- The last eastbound train to depart Atlantic Terminal is the 10:13PM train to Far Rockaway, stopping at Jamaica at 10:33 PM.
- The last westbound train from Jamaica to Atlantic Terminal departs Jamaica at 9:54 PM.
For customers looking to travel between Brooklyn and Jamaica Station during the late-night service suspension, and for Nostrand Avenue and East New York stations customers, NYC Transit will cross-honor LIRR tickets via the subway stops/lines referenced below.
- Atlantic Terminal customers can board Manhattan-bound 2/3 trains to 34th St/Penn Station for eastbound LIRR service.
- Nostrand Avenue customers can board a Manhattan-bound A train at the Nostrand Av subway stop, and travel to 34th St/Penn Station for eastbound LIRR service.
- East New York customers can walk north on Van Sinderen Avenue to the Broadway Junction subway stop, and board a Manhattan-bound A train to 34th St/Penn Station for eastbound LIRR service.
- Customers traveling to Atlantic Terminal can take any LIRR train to Penn Station, then board 2/3 trains for service to Atlantic Terminal/Barclays Center.
- Customers traveling to Nostrand Avenue can take any LIRR train to Penn Station, then board a Brooklyn-bound A train to Nostrand Avenue.
- Customers traveling to East New York can take any LIRR train to Penn Station, then board a Brooklyn-bound A train at 34th St/Penn Station for service to the Broadway Junction subway stop.
The changes to Brooklyn service and other trackwork projects taking place this weekend are impacting service for all LIRR branches. For detailed weekend schedule information for your branch, see:
For more information, contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate