Starting Monday, April 22: Westbury Parking Changes
Beginning Monday, April 22, 2019, the North side parking lot at Westbury station will close in preparation for construction of a multi-level parking garage, and the South side parking lot will be reserved for Village of Westbury commuter parking on weekdays, from 5:00 AM through 6:00 PM.
Alternate parking will be available at the former Source Mall, located on Old Country Road. The alternate parking lot has approximately 300 spaces, all free and unrestricted (no meters and no parking permit required). A free shuttle bus will operate at regular intervals to transport customers between the station and alternate parking lot.
- Shuttle service hours of operation: Weekdays Only (including all federally recognized holidays)
- Monday, April 22 – Friday, May 3: During program launch, shuttle bus will run continuously on weekdays, ending at approximately 5:00 AM, Saturday morning and resuming at 5:00 AM Monday morning.
- Effective, Monday May 6: Shuttle bus will run from 5:00 AM – 9:30 PM
- Shuttle service intervals:
- 20-minute intervals during Peak periods (5:00 AM – 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM – 9:30 PM)
- 30-minute intervals during Off-Peak periods
- Shuttle pick-up/drop-off locations:
- Alternate parking lot: Northwest side of the lot.
- Westbury Station: North side of the station, east of the taxi stand on Union Avenue.
- Parking in the South Lot at Westbury Station will be permitted as follows:
- Weekdays: 5:00 AM – 6:00 PM, resident permit holders only
- Weekdays: 6:00 PM – Midnight, parking free and unrestricted (no permit required)
- Weekends/federally recognized holidays: 5:00 AM – Midnight, parking free and unrestricted (no permit required)
- Overnight: No overnight parking permitted, weekdays, weekends and holidays.
Please plan ahead and allow additional time to reach Westbury Station while these changes are in effect.
The LIRR Expansion Project will add a third track along nearly 10 miles of right-of-way between Floral Park and Hicksville, increasing capacity, improving reliability and creating new service opportunities. These parking changes are expected to continue through the second quarter of 2021.
For more information about the new commuter parking garage planned for the north side of the Westbury Station, click here.
For information about parking and redevelopment on the south side of the Westbury Station, click here.
For More Information: Contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate