AM and PM Peak Schedule Changes on Thursday, June 14 & Friday, June 15
To Our Valued Customers,
This is a very special week on Long Island, as we host the U.S. Open Championship at Shinnecock Hills. When major events like the U.S. Open are held on Long Island, they help to strengthen the local economy. To allow us to run service to the temporary LIRR stop at Shinnecock on Thursday, June 14 and Friday, June 15, some train schedules were adjusted on the Montauk, Oyster Bay and Port Jefferson Branches, and buses will represent at least one regularly scheduled train. We apologize for the inconvenience and we thank you for riding the LIRR.
Service changes for Thursday and Friday include:
Thursday, June 14:
- The 5:09 PM train from Penn Station to Speonk will originate at Jamaica on Thursday, and depart at 5:32 PM. Customers can take the 5:01 PM or 5:51 PM trains from Penn Station and transfer at Jamaica for service to Speonk.
Friday, June 15:
- The 5:09 PM train from Penn Station to Montauk will originate at Jamaica on Friday, and depart at 5:32 PM. Customers can take the 5:01 PM or 5:51 PM trains from Penn Station and transfer at Jamaica for service to Montauk.
- The 7:17 PM Friday-only train from Jamaica to Montauk will terminate in Speonk on Friday, June 15. At Speonk, customers will transfer to buses for service to stations Westhampton through Montauk. Those who wish to avoid buses can take Montauk-bound trains departing Jamaica Station at 6:17 PM or 8:53 PM.
Oyster Bay Branch
- The 5:50 AM train from Oyster Bay to Penn Station (arriving 7:06 AM) will terminate in Jamaica at 6:45 AM on Thursday and Friday. Customers will connect to the 7:03 AM westbound train from Jamaica for service to Penn Station, arriving at 7:20 AM.
- The 6:16 PM train from Penn Station will originate in Long Island City at 6:04 PM on Thursday and Friday. It will stop at Hunterspoint Avenue at 6:19 PM, and arrive Jamaica Station at 6:34 PM. Connecting service from Penn Station will be available at 6:05 PM.
Port Jefferson Branch
- The 5:44 AM train from Port Jefferson to Penn Station will terminate in Jamaica on Thursday and Friday. Customers will connect to the 7:03 AM westbound train from Jamaica for service to Penn Station, arriving at 7:20 AM.
- The 4:49 PM train from Penn Station will originate in Jamaica at 5:12 PM on Thursday and Friday. For connecting service, take the 4:42 PM train from Penn Station to Far Rockaway and transfer at Jamaica for service to Port Jefferson.
- The 6:08 PM train from Hunterspoint Ave. (5:52 PM train from LI City) will be canceled on Thursday and Friday. Customers can board the train departing LI City at 5:30 PM and Hunterspoint Ave. at 5:47 PM and connect at Jamaica for service to Port Jefferson.
For more information, contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate