Temporary Closure of Rockville Centre Elevator & Waiting Room Starting January 9
The LIRR is installing a new fire alarm system at the Rockville Centre Station. The work will begin Monday, January 9 and continue through the end of January. In order to install the new fire alarm system, the old one must be deactivated and removed. For everyone’s safety during the transition phase, the elevator will be out of service for a 48 hour period. Also, when the station is not staffed, both the elevator and waiting room will be closed. Please note:
- On Tuesday, January 10 and Wednesday, January 11, the elevator at Rockville Centre Station will be out of service for 48 hours.
- During the remainder of this project, the waiting room and elevator will remain open/operational daily from 6:00 AM until 7:30 PM (except for January 10 and 11).
- Both the elevator and waiting room will be closed during the overnight hours from 7:30 PM until 6:00 AM until the completion of the project.
- The escalator will remain out of service while the fire alarm replacement project is underway.
- During this outage, mobility impaired customers may wish to use the Baldwin or Lynbrook stations, which are equipped with elevators.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to complete this infrastructure improvement in the shortest timeframe possible.
For More Information
Contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate