LIRR's Quiet Car Program
The LIRR’s Quiet Car program includes all peak single-level electric trains that operate to/from Penn Station and Atlantic Terminal during the rush hours.
Remember: the westernmost car on designated trains is the Quiet Car.
- During the AM Peak, the FIRST CAR of your train is a Quiet Car.
- During the PM Peak, the LAST CAR of your train is a Quiet Car.
Customers Traveling On Quiet Cars Should:
- Not use cell phones.
- Disable sounds on all electronic devices.
- Speak in a subdued voice.
- Use headphones at a volume others cannot hear.
Quiet Cars will be available on the following weekday trains: AM and PM Peak single-level electric trains to/from Penn Station and Atlantic Terminal, Brooklyn.
The Quiet Car program is voluntary in nature. Conductors in designated cars will hand out special “Shh” cards to customers who are non-compliant.
In the event of a service disruption:
If there has been a change in normally scheduled service (such as a canceled/combined train, service suspension or if a train is operating with a reduced number of cars), we will be unable to designate a Quiet Car. As always, we urge all customers to be considerate of their fellow passengers in all cars.
- Google Translate