New Mail&Ride System Software and New Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Phone Capabilities Put Us on Firm Footing to Make Future Enhancements and Serve You Better. Some Benefits You May Notice Immediately Include:
PHONE SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS:
- TALK TO US – The IVR phone system will now respond to spoken commands in addition to numbers entered via your phone’s keypad.
- SAVE TIME – When you call there’s no need to wait if you know what you would like. You can speak your choice at any point.
WEB & PHONE SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS:
- CHANGE IN AN INSTANT – Whereas previously changes to account information or skip ticket requests made via the web or phone system could take up to 24 hours to register to your account, they will now take effect in real time.
- TAKE A BREAK – Vacation options are no longer limited to one or both of the next two months. You can now select any one or combination of the six upcoming months to skip a ticket.
- MAKE A CONNECTION – Where applicable, you may now add up to two connecting services to your Mail&Ride account from Long Beach Bus, Huntington Area Rapid Transit, NICE Bus, and MTA New York City Transit.
- STATION SPECIFIC – Except for stations within the CITY ZONE, your ticket will now reflect the actual origin and destination stations associated with your account. Station names will also now appear in mixed case text. (Note use of the actual station name does not affect the ability to travel to any station within the same zone of the origin or destination stations.)
Visit mailandride.com for more details. Need to call us? Just dial 511 – say “Long Island Rail Road” at any time – after a fast transfer say “Mail&Ride”.
- Google Translate