September 3 – October 11: Buses Replace Midday Trains between Babylon & Patchogue/Speonk
Starting on Tuesday, September 3, through Friday, October 11, buses will replace some morning and midday off-peak trains between Babylon and Patchogue/Speonk while track testing and rail tie replacement work is underway. In addition, departure times for some midday trains have been adjusted. These efforts will help to modernize LIRR infrastructure as well as ensure the safety and reliability of the rails.
- Last train before busing begins: 9:39 AM train from Patchogue to Babylon
- First train after busing ends: 3:32 PM train from Patchogue to Babylon
- The 12:51 PM South Fork Commuter Connection from Montauk to Speonk will depart 12 minutes later at 1:03 PM.
- Westbound buses will depart stations Speonk through Bay Shore up to 30 minutes earlier than normal train times.
- Last train before busing begins: 8:55 AM train from Babylon to Montauk
- First train after busing ends: 2:30 PM train from Babylon to Patchogue
- Transfer at Babylon for bus service to points east. Please plan for up to 30 minutes of additional travel time.
Look for bus departure times in the special Montauk Branch Timetable, dated September 3 – October 11, 2019, available at stations and terminals or click here.
For more information, contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate