12/3-4: Buses Replace Late-Night/Overnight Trains Between Great Neck and Port Washington
Starting late Tuesday night, December 3, through early Wednesday morning, December 4, buses/vans will replace overnight trains between Great Neck and Port Washington. LIRR employees will be working through the night to repair a rail defect identified during a track inspection, to ensure the continued safety and reliability of our system. Service will be affected as follows:
- Last eastbound train before busing begins: 8:48 PM departure from Penn Station.
- The 9:18 PM, 9:48 PM, 10:11 PM, 10:48 PM, 11:11 PM, 11:54 PM, 12:17 AM and 1:14 AM trains from Penn Station will terminate at Great Neck, where customers will board a bus/van for service to Manhasset, Plandome & Port Washington.
- Customers traveling east of Great Neck while busing is in effect should plan for up to 30 minutes of additional travel time.
- First eastbound train after busing ends: 3:18 AM departure from Penn Station.
- Last westbound train before busing begins: 9:39 PM departure from Port Washington.
- The 10:15 PM, 10:38 PM, 11:38 PM, 12:44 AM, 2:10 AM, and 3:23 AM trains from Port Washington will originate at Great Neck.
- Buses/vans will depart Port Washington, Plandome and Manhasset up to 30 minutes earlier than usual train times; Connect to train service at Great Neck.
- First westbound train after busing ends: 5:09 AM departure from Port Washington.
Thank you for your patience. Full train service in both directions is expected to be restored prior to the AM rush hour on December 4.
Please click here for a copy of the Port Washington Branch Timetable, dated November 11, 2019 thru January 5, 2020.
For More Information
Contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin
- Google Translate