MTA Facebook Policy
Facebook is a free online social networking service for users 13 years old and above. When on Facebook, users can create a personal profile, add other users as "friends," exchange messages, and receive updates through their newsfeeds. Additionally, users may join common-interest user groups and "like" brand Pages.
The MTA uses Facebook to stay engaged with our customers in the following ways:
- Information and updates during critical incidents that affect the transportation system more widely.
- Relevant job postings will be featured on agency Facebook pages, though not necessarily complete. Click here for a complete list of MTA employment opportunities.
- Interesting facts and information about the MTA, its agencies, events in areas and neighborhoods serviced by the MTA.
- The MTA appreciates all of our followers but does not automatically like other brand Pages. We follow other organizations and people that provide relevant information to our customers.
- Shared links, videos, etc. are in no way an endorsement by the MTA, as we cannot control any external account, individual, or site.
- The MTA Facebook accounts are maintained and monitored by members of each agency's Communication Team. Our Facebook accounts are mainly for interesting posts and messages, though we do monitor the account during business hours, Monday through Friday. If we see a trend in questions or concerns, we may post a comment or general response without specifying users to whom we are responding.
- There are real people behind our social media accounts who in addition to other duties are doing their best to be responsive and helpful to our customers. We ask that you please remember this when posting on our Pages. Please help us maintain a friendly environment online.
- Google Translate