Free Special Shuttle Train
Operates between Far Rockaway-
Mott Av and Beach 90 St
||Departing Mott Av:
||Departing Beach 90 St:
||4 AM to 9:25 PM
||4:30 AM to 9:40 PM
Tuesday to Thursday
4:55 AM to 9:25 PM
5:10 AM to 9:40 PM
||4:55 AM to12 midnight
||5:10 AM to 12:30 AM
|Saturday and Sunday
||4 AM to 12 midnight
||4:30 AM to 12:30 AM
||Free shuttle buses continue to operate Non-stop between Howard Beach and Far Rockaway-Mott Av
||Service operates between 207 St and both
Howard Beach-JFK Airport and Lefferts Blvd
Click here to see a map of the current service [PDF]
Travel options to/from the Rockaways
Going to Manhattan?
Depending on where you are in the Rockaways, there's a connection for you day or night. Use the table below to help plan your trip. Be sure to check the important service notes and additional weekday travel options for Manhattan.
Traveling on the Rockaway Peninsula only?
There are bus and train options for you. See the bus map for intra-Rockaways travel.
What about transfers?
In order to make traveling easier for riders, the MTA and Nassau Inter-County Express have made it possible to allow a three-hour transfer period between some buses and subways.
Read more about Extended transfers.
Get the map
Available Daytime and Evenings
Late Night Alternative ( Shuttle Train, Q52 and Q53 do not operate Late Nights).
Bus Hours of Operation
Q52: 5 AM to 11:30 PM
Q53: 5 AM to 1 AM
Q22: Operates 24 hours until further notice. Late nights, 12:30 AM to 5 AM, Q22 only operates between
Beach 21 St (at Mott Av) and Rockaway Beach Blvd at (Beach 116 St).
Regular local bus fares apply on the Q22, Q35, Q52, Q53 and Q113.
Additional weekday travel options to/from Manhattan:
- Weekday peak period, peak direction express bus service is provided to/from Midtown Manhattan by the QM16 (Neponsit, Belle Harbor, Rockaway Park, Seaside and Broad Channel) and the QM17(Hammels, Arverne, Edgemere, Far Rockaway and Broad Channel). Service operates to Midtown during the weekday AM peak period, and from Midtown during the weekday PM peak period.
Regular express bus fares apply on the QM16 and QM17.
- Temporary ferry service is being operated by Seastreak weekdays between Beach 108 St at Beach Channel Dr and Downtown/Midtown Manhattan. One-way fare $2. Take the Q22 or Q53 to Rockaway Beach Blvd at Beach 108 St to connect to the ferry service.
Call 1-800-262-8743or visit www.seastreak.com for more information.
For travel within the Rockaways
Q22 Provides local bus service between Beach 21 St (at Mott Av) and Beach 169 St (at Rockaway Point Blvd).
Note: Operates 24 hours until further notice. Late nights from 12:30 AM to 5 AM, only operates between
Beach 21 St (at Mott Av) and Rockaway Beach Blvd (at Beach 116 St).
Free shuttle trains provide local service between Far Rockaway-Mott Av and Beach 90 St.
The period for transfers from any subway station to the Q22, Q113, N31, N32 and N33 bus routes is temporarily extended to three hours.
Also, “three-legged” transfers (one fare) will be temporarily allowed on the following trips in both directions:
|Flatbush Av-Brooklyn College Station
||to/from the Q35
||to/from the Q22
||Rockaway Blvd Station
||to/from the Q52/Q53
||to/from the Q22
- Always check “Current Service Status” and plan your trip with Trip Planner+
- Call 511 for automated travel information 24/7; agents are available from 6 AM to 10 PM daily
- The N31, N32, and N33 bus routes are operated by Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE) Bus; for more information call 516-228-4000 or visit www.nicebus.com