FASTRACK is a subway maintenance, cleaning, and repair program that shuts down segments of a subway line for several hours over consecutive weeknights or weekend days, allowing our employees to perform a number of critical maintenance jobs. The line shutdown approach has proven successful in that, under normal conditions in our 24/7 system, the scope and breadth of this important work would be impossible to accomplish with customers and trains moving through work areas. Thus far, since FASTRACK began in 2012, the results have had a positive impact on service with a reduction in train delays and a decrease in the number of track fires, while realizing cost efficiencies and a lower accident rate for employees.
FASTRACK tasks typically include:
• Track – remove debris and repair or replace tie blocks and running rails.
• Third Rail Operations – clean and remove debris from under and around the third rail.
• Signals – perform general maintenance on signals and switches and replace dispatcher holding lights.
• Infrastructure – repair or replace handrails, signs, and tunnel lighting. Clean track drains and repair water damage/leaks.
• Electronic Maintenance – optimize performance of closed-circuit television monitors and cameras. Inspect and test public address system equipment.
• Station Environment – perform high-intensity station cleaning and painting as well as perform elevator and escalator repair work. Clean vents and drains.
back to top
Feb 12 – 14: CANCELLED due to Winter Weather
No trains between Jay St-MetroTech and Broadway Junction
service ends early each night
How will trains operate?
service operates in two sections:
- Between 207 St and Jay St-MetroTech.
- Between Broadway Junction and Lefferts Blvd or Far Rockaway/Mott Av.
back to top
Free shuttle buses and trains provide alternate service
service is available between Manhattan and the Broadway Junction station.
- Transfer between and trains at Fulton St.
- Transfer between and trains at 14 St/8 Av.
Free shuttle buses operate on two routes:
- Local via Fulton Street between Jay St-MetroTech and Broadway Junction making station stops at Hoyt-Schermerhorn Sts, Lafayette Av, Clinton-Washington Avs, Franklin Av, Nostrand Av, Kingston-Throop Avs, Utica Av, Ralph Av, and Rockaway Av.
- Express via Atlantic Avenue between Jay St-MetroTech and Broadway Junction making stops near Hoyt-Schermerhorn Sts, Nostrand Av, and Utica Av stations.
- Transfer between trains and free shuttle buses at Jay St-MetroTech and Broadway Junction.
back to top