FASTRACK is a subway maintenance, cleaning, and repair program that shuts down segments of a subway line for several hours over consecutive weeknights or weekend days, allowing our employees to perform a number of critical maintenance jobs. The line shutdown approach has proven successful in that, under normal conditions in our 24/7 system, the scope and breadth of this important work would be impossible to accomplish with customers and trains moving through work areas. Thus far, since FASTRACK began in 2012, the results have had a positive impact on service with a reduction in train delays and a decrease in the number of track fires, while realizing cost efficiencies and a lower accident rate for employees.
FASTRACK tasks typically include:
• Track – remove debris and repair or replace tie blocks and running rails.
• Third Rail Operations – clean and remove debris from under and around the third rail.
• Signals – perform general maintenance on signals and switches and replace dispatcher holding lights.
• Infrastructure – repair or replace handrails, signs, and tunnel lighting. Clean track drains and repair water damage/leaks.
• Electronic Maintenance – optimize performance of closed-circuit television monitors and cameras. Inspect and test public address system equipment.
• Station Environment – perform high-intensity station cleaning and painting as well as perform elevator and escalator repair work. Clean vents and drains.
This FASTRACK will occur on two weeknights only. Beginning at 10 PM and ending 5 AM the next morning. This service change will run from Jan 8 to Jan 10 nightly, ending Friday morning. Read on for more information.
No trains between Bedford-Nostrand Avs and Church Av
Free shuttle buses and trains provide alternate service via Jay St-MetroTech
back to top
Free shuttle buses operate between Bedford-Nostrand Avs and the Jay St-MetroTech station making stops at Classon Av, Clinton-Washington Avs, Fulton St, and Hoyt-Schermerhorn Sts.
- Transfer between trains and free shuttle buses at Bedford-Nostrand Avs.
- Take the for service between Jay St-MetroTech and Church Av.
- Transfer between free shuttle buses and trains at Jay St-MetroTech.
- service is also available between Hoyt-Schermerhorn Sts and Jay St-MetroTech.
back to top
back to top