FASTRACK begins weeknights at 10 PM and ends 5 AM the next morning. This service change will run for two weeks from October 24 - 28 and October 31* - November 4 nightly, ending Friday morning.
(* FASTRACK begins at 11:30 PM on October 31)
Read on for more information.
No trains at B’way-Lafayette St, 2 Av,
Delancey St, East Broadway, and York St
How will trains operate?
trains are rerouted via the in both directions between W 4 St and Jay St-MetroTech
Free shuttle buses and trains provide alternate service
Free shuttle buses run between B’way-Lafayette St and East Broadway, stopping at 2 Av and Delancey St.
- Transfer between free shuttle buses and trains at B’way-Lafayette St.
- Transfer between and trains at W 4 St.
- For service to/from Delancey St/Essex St, use J with transfers to/from at Fulton St.
- Free shuttle buses run between York St and Jay St-MetroTech, where service is available.
- Transfer between free shuttle buses and trains at Jay St-MetroTech.
- Transfer between and trains at 4 Av-9 St.
- Beginning at 10:30 PM, trains run local in Brooklyn.
- York St customers may also use the High St station, where service is available.
Other changes to service may affect your trip. Please consult Service Change Directories or use TripPlanner+.
back to top
FASTRACK is a subway maintenance, cleaning, and repair program that shuts down segments of a subway line for several hours over consecutive weeknights, allowing our employees to perform a number of critical maintenance jobs. The line shutdown approach has proven successful in that, under normal conditions in our 24/7 system, the scope and breadth of this important work would be impossible to accomplish with customers and trains moving through work areas. Thus far, since FASTRACK began in 2012, the results have had a positive impact on service with a reduction in train delays and a decrease in the number of track fires, while realizing cost efficiencies and a lower accident rate for employees.
FASTRACK tasks typically include:
- Track – remove debris and repair or replace tie blocks and running rails.
- Third Rail Operations – clean and remove debris from under and around the third rail.
- Signals – perform general maintenance on signals and switches and replace dispatcher holding lights.
- Infrastructure – repair or replace handrails, signs, and tunnel lighting. Clean track drains and repair water damage/leaks.
- Electronic Maintenance – optimize performance of closed-circuit television monitors and cameras. Inspect and test public address system equipment.
- Station Environment – perform high-intensity station cleaning and painting as well as perform elevator and escalator repair work. Clean vents and drains.
back to top
back to top