- Planned service changes may affect travel to and from the event areas, click here to check your route.
- Subway routes in midtown Manhattan operate every 8—12 minutes until 3 AM. Purchase your MetroCard in advance.
- Some entrances/exits at Times Sq-42 St station may be temporarily closed for crowd control.
Buses that serve the area*:
Although subject to reroutes on New Year’s Eve due to street closures and/or heavy congestion, the following buses will take you to the Times Square area:
M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M7, M10, M11, M12, M20, M31, M34 SBS, M34A SBS, M42, M50, M55, M57, M101, M102, M103, M104, BxM2, QM1, QM2, QM3, QM4, QM5, QM6, QM10, QM12, QM15, QM16, QM17, QM18, QM20, QM24, SIM1c, SIM3c, SIM4c, SIM3, SIM8/8x, SIM10, SIM22, SIM23, SIM24, SIM25, SIM26, SIM30, SIM31, Q32
*Note: All local, express, limited-stop, and Select Bus Service will run with minor adjustments in departure times.
New Year's Day
Monday, Jan 1, 2019
Subways, buses, and the Staten Island Railway will operate on a Sunday schedule.
Subways – Sunday Schedule Reminder:
- service runs between Bowling Green and Dyre Av.
- trains run local in the Bronx; trains run local in Manhattan.
- Use instead of .
- Use or trains instead of .
- Use local service instead of / skip-stop service.
- service runs between Metropolitan Av and Delancey-Essex Sts.
- Use the or instead of .
Click here to plan your trip, and refer to the
“Service Status” box for the latest service updates.