- Planned service changes may affect travel to and from the event areas, click here to check your route.
- Subway routes in midtown Manhattan operate every 8—12 minutes until 3 AM. Purchase your MetroCard in advance.
- Some entrances/exits at Times Sq-42 St station may be temporarily closed for crowd control.
Buses that serve the area*:
Although subject to reroutes on New Year’s Eve due to street closures and/or heavy congestion, the following buses will take you to the Times Square area:
M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M7, M10, M11, M12, M20, M31, M34 SBS, M34A SBS, M42, M50, M55, M57, M101, M102, M103, M104, BxM6, BxM7, BxM8, BxM9, BxM10, BxM11, BM1, BM2, BM3, BM4, BM5, QM2, QM4, QM5, QM6, X1, X10, X17, X27, X28
*Note: All local, express, limited-stop, and Select Bus Service will run with minor adjustments in departure times.
New Year's Day
Monday, Jan 1, 2018
Subways, buses, and the Staten Island Railway will operate on a Sunday schedule.
Subways – Sunday Schedule Reminder:
- No service in Brooklyn; trains run between South Ferry and the Bronx.
- No service in Brooklyn; trains run between 14 St and Harlem-148 St.
- service runs between Woodlawn and New Lots Av.
- service runs between Flatbush Av and the Bronx.
- No express service in the Bronx.
- No express service.
- No service – use the and/or instead.
- service runs between Delancey-Essex Sts and Broadway Junction , and between Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs and Metropolitan Av.
- No service – use the or instead.
- No / skip-stop service – take the local instead.
Click here to plan your trip with Trip Planner+, and refer to the
“Service Status” box for the latest service updates.