- Planned service changes may affect travel to and from the event areas, click here for additional details.
- Subway routes in midtown Manhattan operate every 8-12 minutes until 3 AM. The 42 St Shuttle operates all night. Purchase your MetroCard in advance.
- Some entrances/exits at Times Sq-42 St station may be temporarily closed for crowd control.
Buses that serve the area*:
Although subject to reroutes on New Year’s Eve due to street closures or heavy congestion, the following buses will take you to the Times Square area:
M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M7, M10, M11, M12, M20, M31, M34A, M42, M50, M57, M101, M102, M103, M104, BxM2, BxM3, BxM4, BxM6, BxM7, BxM8, BxM9, BxM10, BxM11, BM1, BM2, BM3, BM4, BM5, QM1, QM2, QM3, QM4, QM5, QM6, QM10, QM12, QM15, QM16, QM17, QM18, QM20, QM21, QM24, X1, X10, X17, X27, X28, X37, X38
*Note: All local, express, limited-stop, and Select Bus Service will run normally with minor adjustments in schedules, except on Staten Island where the S89 Ltd and S93 Ltd buses will be the only Limited-Stop Service available.
New Year's Day
|Friday, Jan 1, 2016
- Subways and buses will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- The Staten Island Railway operates on a Saturday schedule.
Subways – Sunday Schedule Reminder:
- No service in Brooklyn.
- No express service.
- No trains – use the and/or instead.
- No service between Delancey-Essex Sts and 71 Av.
- No service between 57 St-7 Av and Ditmars Blvd only.
- No service – use the instead.
Click here to plan your trip with Trip Planner+, and refer to the
“Service Status” box for the latest service updates.