Taxicab/Car Service Reimbursement Policy
If you are approved to use a taxi or car service as an alternative to a late-arriving vehicle, you will be given an authorization number by the CCA. You will then be responsible for arranging for your own taxi/car service: including paying the fare, tolls, and no more than a 15 percent tip, obtaining a receipt from the driver and submitting a letter to AAR requesting reimbursement. You will be reimbursed the cost of your trip minus the full AAR paratransit fare. The reimbursement amount may be reduced if a request appears excessive.
Please note: In Manhattan, wheelchair users can dial 311 for a wheelchair accessible taxi to travel to any of the five boroughs.
NYC Transit may offer customers a conditional authorization when it is unclear if the same-day problem was caused by you or NYC Transit. You will not be reimbursed for taxi/car service if NYC Transit determines that you are responsible for the problem.
NYC Transit may not authorize taxi/car service for customers who are not at their pickup locations and ready to travel when an AAR vehicle arrives within the 30-minute time period. This also applies to customers who call for an earlier pickup time on the day of their trip.
For assistance in submitting your receipts for reimbursement consideration, please use the Taxicab/Car Service Reimbursement Form: http://web.mta.info/nyct/paratran/Taxi_CarServiceReimbursementRequestForm.pdf , or follow the Reimbursement Instruction below.
- Letters must be postmarked within three months from the trip date.
- Letters missing required documentation will be returned.
- Letters must include your name, address, AAR ID number, the NYC Transit authorization number, original taxi meter receipt or original car service receipt. Receipts that appear altered may be rejected, and copies or faxes are not accepted. The reimbursement amount may be limited if a request appears excessive.
- Car service receipts must include the car service name, telephone number, trip date, fare, tolls and tip.
- Mail letters to AAR Taxi Reimbursements, MTA NYC Transit, Paratransit Division, 130 Livingston Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201.
- Google Translate