How to Complain EffectivelyBy Eunice Poku, outreach and public information coordinator
Some customers who attend our outreach events tell me about unfortunate incidents involving AAR. To my dismay, many of them have not submitted their complaints to MTA New York City Transit. Remember, your complaint can trigger positive steps to solve a service problem.
Here’s how to submit an effective complaint;
- Call 718-330-3322, NYC Transit’s Customer Assistance line weekdays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and speak with a customer representative about your complaint.
- Write about your complaint to MTA New York City Transit, Paratransit Division, Customer Relations, 130 Livingston Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11201.
- Use MTA’s web site www.mta.info and click on Contact Us.
- Submit your complaint as soon as possible, while the details are still fresh in your mind.Your trip ticket contains information that will help us investigate your complaint.
- Here’s what we need to know:
When did the problem occur, date and time? Where did it occur? Did it involve the application process, reserving a trip, taking a trip, or some other issue? Did it involve your driver, another customer, AAR staff, the vehicle, subscription service, or something else?
We at AAR have only one complaint: not enough customers read this newsletter! So, if you’re at an outreach event and you tell me that you’ve read this article, you’ll get a special prize.