MTA NYC Transit is inviting professionals to a Procurement/Purchasing Open House
Procurement Managers and Analysts oversee and perform the following activities:
- Develop, solicit, negotiate and award contracts for construction, goods and services through the Bid process and the Request for Proposal process, and prepare related documents and analyses.
- Conduct market surveys and qualification hearings.
- Prepare and negotiate supplementary agreements such as modifications/task orders covering changes to scopes of work, pricing and/or fee schedules, and contract closeout.
- Collect, analyze and report data.
- Formulate bid submission requirements, bid evaluations, and review vendor qualifications.
- Serve as liaison to other departments, agencies and vendors.
- Provide consultation to client departments for the planning of procurement activities, methods, justifications and schedules.
Managers must have a Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of experience.
Analysts require a Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year of business experience.
All candidates must have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical abilities and quantitative skills.
- Knowledge and experience in cost analysis, construction, or negotiating Requests For Proposals and/or change orders is desirable.
- Contract management, contract administration and/or construction experience is desirable.
MTA NYC Transit offers diverse and challenging work assignments, promotional opportunities, comprehensive benefits and a competitive public sector compensation package.
Learn more and apply by going to: http://www.mta.info/nyct/hr/, click on Job Postings, click on Agree, Select MTA NYC Transit, and search for Manager, Procurement Job ID # 79414 and Staff Analyst Series, Job ID #79415.
The Open House will take place at:
New York Transit Museum
Located at the corner of Boerum Place and Schermerhorn Street, Downtown Brooklyn
(Look for the subway steps and the banner on the building above.)
March 24, 2014
12:00 pm to 4:00pm.
All applicants must bring at least 3 copies of a current resume and photo ID. No large backpacks or containers will be allowed.
Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirement of a Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience will not be admitted.
MTA NYC Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.