Apply for Reduced Fare
You can apply for a Reduced-Fare MetroCard by mail or in person.
- Download, read and complete an application.
Select an application: Senior Citizen or People with Disabilities
- Enclose a 2" x 2 1/2" photograph.
- Enclose a photocopy of acceptable proof of age: Driver's License, Medicare Card or Birth Certificate (one must have a photograph of you), or proof of a qualifying disability and mail to:
MTA New York City Transit
Att: Reduced Fare Program
130 Livingston Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201-9625
Seniors: If you are 65 years of age or older, you can bring your application to a MetroCard Bus or Van, or our walk-in MetroCard Customer Service Center.
- Bring two valid IDs: Driver's License, Medicare Card, or Birth Certificate, one of which must have a photograph of you.
- Free photography services available
- Notary not necessary
Customers with Qualifying Disabilities: If you have a disability, please follow the instructions above for mailing your application. (A list of qualifying disabilities appears on page 2 of the application) If you need help completing the application, call Customer Information at 511, which is a voice-recognition system, and say "MTA," then say "Subway and Buses" and follow the prompts. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, use your preferred relay service provider or the free 711 relay. You can also visit a MetroCard Bus or Van, or our walk-in MetroCard Customer Service Center. Upon receipt of your completed application, an examiner will review your application and, if necessary, may contact you for additional information.
Where to go:
MetroCard Bus or Van: Click here for a schedule.
The Customer Service Center
3 Stone Street, in Lower Manhattan
Between Broadway and Broad Street
Hours: Open weekdays, 9 AM to 5 PM, except holidays.
By Subway: to Bowling Green or to Whitehall Street
By Bus: M5, M15, M20
- Google Translate