MetroCard: Fares at A Glance
|Current Fares||About the $1 New Card Fee||Ways to Save|
|Find a MetroCard Merchant||Sign up for EasyPay Xpress||New: Add time and value to your Metrocard|
|Base Fare – $2.50
Subway and Local Bus (Reduced-Fare $1.25)
Express Bus – $6.00
(Reduced-Fare $3.00 off-peak only)
|7-Day Unlimited – $30
7-Day Express Bus Plus – $55
|30-Day Unlimited – $112|
An additional 5% is added to your MetroCard with the purchase or addition of $5 or more.
Single Ride ticket – $2.75
|Fee for purchase of a new MetroCard – $1
Fee applies to each new MetroCard purchased at station booth, vending machine or commuter rail station.
Effective March 3, 2013, a $1.00 fee will be charged for each new MetroCard purchased at a MetroCard Vending Machine or station booth, or commuter rail station.
- Avoid this fee by keeping and refilling your current MetroCard at any MVM or station booth.
- You will be issued a new MetroCard at no charge if your card is expiring or damaged.
- The new $1.00 charge will not apply to a MetroCard bought at an out-of-system vendor, reduced fare customers (seniors and customers with disabilities), users of EasyPayXpress cards, transit benefit organization customers who get their MetroCard directly from employers or their benefit providers, and customers who purchase a combination railroad/MetroCard ticket.
|Number of Rides||Refill/Buy this Card||Cost
||Your cost per ride|
|Fewer than 13||Pay-Per-Ride ($5.25 value with 5% bonus)||$5||
|13 trips per week
20 trips per week
25 trips per week
|48 trips per month
50 trips per month
60 trips per month
Express Bus Rider
|7-Day Express Bus Plus||$55||
Occasional Express Bus Rider
($10.50 value with 5% Bonus)
Get the MetroCard that Refills Automatically
Sign up for EasyPayXpress MetroCard at www.easypaymetrocard.com
- Use your credit or debit card to sign up (tax-free benefit cards also accepted)
- Choose Pay-Per-Ride or 30-Day Unlimited Ride
- Your MetroCard will refill automatically
- View your account online
- And, there is no loss to you if your card is lost or stolen.
- Google Translate