MetroCard: Fares at A Glance
|Current Fares||About the $1 New Card Fee||Ways to Save|
|Find a MetroCard Merchant||Sign up for EasyPay Xpress||New: Add time and value to your Metrocard|
|Base Fare – $2.75
Subway and Local Bus (Reduced-Fare $1.35)
Express Bus – $6.50
(Reduced-Fare $3.00 off-peak only)
|7-Day Unlimited – $31
7-Day Express Bus Plus – $57.25
|30-Day Unlimited – $116.50|
An additional 11% is added to your MetroCard with the purchase or addition of $5.50 or more.
Note: PATH, AirTrain, and Express buses do not accept 7- and 30-Day Unlimited Ride MetroCard.
Single Ride ticket – $3.00
|Fee for purchase of a new MetroCard – $1
Fee applies to each new MetroCard purchased at station booth, vending machine or commuter rail station.
The MTA charges a $1.00 "new card fee" for each new MetroCard purchased at a MetroCard Vending Machine or station booth, or commuter rail station.
- Avoid this fee by keeping and refilling your current MetroCard at any MVM or station booth.
- You will be issued a new MetroCard at no charge if your card is expiring or damaged.
- The new $1.00 charge will not apply to a MetroCard bought at an out-of-system vendor, reduced fare customers (seniors and customers with disabilities), users of EasyPayXpress cards, transit benefit organization customers who get their MetroCard directly from employers or their benefit providers, and customers who purchase a combination railroad/MetroCard ticket.
|If you ride the subway or local bus
Fewer than 13 rides per week or 48 rides per month
|Choose this option
$5.50 ($6.11 value)
|Your cost per ride
$2.48 (effective fare with 11% bonus)
|13 rides per week
15 rides per week
20 rides per week
|48 rides per month
60 rides per month
75 rides per month
|If you ride the express bus
Fewer than 10 rides per week
|Pay-Per-Ride||$6.50 ($7.22 value )||$5.86 (effective fare with 11% bonus)|
|10 rides per week
||Express Bus 7-Day||$57.25||$5.73
Get the MetroCard that Refills Automatically
Sign up for EasyPayXpress MetroCard at www.easypaymetrocard.com
- Use your credit or debit card to sign up (tax-free benefit cards also accepted)
- Choose Pay-Per-Ride or 30-Day Unlimited Ride
- Your MetroCard will refill automatically
- View your account online
- And, there is no loss to you if your card is lost or stolen.
- Google Translate