Select Bus Service
M15 First/Second Avenues SBS
The CorridorThe 1st and 2nd Avenue - 125th Street SBS Corridor extends between 125th Street in Harlem and South Ferry in Lower Manhattan. Approximately 55,000 passengers travel on an average weekday in the M15 corridor.
M15 SBS service operates daily between South Ferry and 125th Street, making stops approximately every 10 blocks. Look for the specially-branded buses. Service operates between 5:00AM and 10:00PM southbound and between 6:00AM and 11:00PM northbound. Local M15 bus service operates 24 hours a day. All customers must pay their fare before they board at ticket vending machines at the bus stop. Generally the machines are next to the bus shelter. Most stations have two machines that accept MetroCards and one machine that accepts coin payments. The MetroCard machines issue and accept transfers just as if one used a farebox on a conventional bus route. Currently M15 SBS is subject to delays on Second Avenue between 100th and 70th Streets due to subway construction.
- 8.5 mile SBS route
- All-day red-painted bus lanes on 1st & 2nd Aves
- New terminal station at South Ferry
- Traffic Signal Priority (TSP) south of Houston Street (coming in 2013)
What is a Bus Bulb?
Starting in the spring of 2012, New York City Transit and New York City DOT will be constructing “bus bulbs” at 12 locations along First and Second Avenues. The first location will be on First Avenue at First Street (Houston Street). The bus bulbs are sidewalk extensions that create more room for waiting customers and allow the bus to stay in the bus lane without pulling to the curb. Three locations were completed in 2012. Watch for bus bulb construction throughout the corridor through 2013.
Service Plan Features
- New 3 door, low floor buses
- Increased hours of SBS service
- M15 Local service to South Ferry
- Faster travel times on Local and SBS Service
- Wider stop spacing than Limiteds
- Simplified Routing
- 1st & 2nd / 125th
- 1st & 2nd / 116th
- 1st & 2nd / 106th
- 1st / 96th - 2nd / 100th (Temporary, Metropolitan Hospital)
- 1st / 86th - 2nd / 89th (Temporary)
- 1st & 2nd / 79th
- 1st & 2nd / 67th (Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital)
- 1st & 2nd / 57th
- 1st & 2nd / 50th
- 1st & 2nd / 42nd
- 1st & 2nd / 34th (NYU Langone Hospital)
- 1st & 2nd / 29th (Bellevue Hospital)
- 1st & 2nd / 23rd (VA Hospital)
- 1st & 2nd / 14th
- Allen / Houston
- Allen / Grand
- Madison St / Catherine St (Chinatown)
- Water St / Fulton St (South St Seaport)
- Water St / Wall St
- South Ferry
- Bus bulbs at selected stations in 2013
Please be aware that during bus bulb construction there will be nearby temporary bus stops.
- Google Translate