ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEW FOR IMPROVED ACCESS AT THE NORTH WHITE PLAINS STATION
MTA Metro-North Railroad (Metro-North) plans to construct a new approximately 500-space, five-level customer parking garage on the east side of the Metro-North North White Plains station. The facility will be used by Metro-North customers accessing the railroad's North White Plains station and is intended to help meet projected parking demand at the North White Plains station.
The Project will be located on Metro-North property on Haarlem Avenue and will replace an existing two-level, 109-space garage and adjacent surface lot, utility building and associated chimney on Haarlem Avenue. Subject to approval by the City of White Plains, a traffic signal will need to be installed at the Route 22-Bond Street/Otis Avenue intersection and Haarlem Avenue would be converted to two-way from the corner of Bond Street approximately 200 feet south to the proposed garage entrance.
A Federal Environmental Assessment was developed by Metro-North in partnership with the Federal Transit Administration and in accordance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and its associated implementing regulations. The Environmental Assessment which analyzed alternatives that would address access and parking issues at the North White Plains Station and the FONSI are available for review on this website (click below to access).
The Federal Transit Administration (FTA) has completed its review of the Environmental Assessment for the MTA Metro-North Railroad North White Plains Parking Garage Project. Based on the FTA review which included the Section 106 analysis, the FTA issued a Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) on June 30, 2011.
The issuance of the FONSI concludes the National Environmental Policy Act review process for the Project. Metro-North will now proceed with the design and construction of the facility.
Finding of No Significant Impact
- FTA's Finding of No Signficant Impact Dated June 30, 2011
- Attachment A to FTA's Finding of No Significant Impact
EA Document and Appendix (PDF format)
- Cover (646 KB)
- Forward (20 KB)
- Table of Contents (26 KB)
- Executive Summary (880 KB)
- Chapter 1: Background and Planning Context (2.1 MB)
- Chapter 2: Alternatives (9.5 MB)
- Chapter 3: Environmental Impacts (6.3 MB)
- Chapter 4: Public Participation (20 KB)
- Chapter 5: Preparers (16 KB)
- Appendix cover (648 KB)
- Appendix A: Parking Demand Analysis (1.8 MB)
- Appendix B: Phase 1A Archaeology (2.3 MB)
- Appendix C: Correspondence (5.0 MB)
- Appendix D: Traffic Impact Analysis (11.8 MB)
- Appendix E: Air Quality (141 KB)
- Appendix F: Noise (341 KB)
- Appendix G: Environmental Justice (544 KB)
- Final Scoping Information Document
Project Vicinity Map (1MB PDF format)
- Improved Station Access and Additional Parking at
North White Plains Station
Planning Study (33.9MB PDF format)
- Scoping Meeting
- MTA Metro-North Railroad EIS
for Improved Station Access and Additional Parking
at the North White Plains Station
Scoping Information Document (1.2MB PDF format)
- List of Repositories
- Status Report (968 KB PDF format)
- Google Translate